As she was coming in, Rory had just made her way to the front. "Hi Y/n!" She greeted her smiling. "Hii birthday girl! Happy birthday, you look so pretty!" She greeted her back with a compliment smiling brightly. Tristan follows behind Y/n also greeting.

"Hi sir, I'm Tristan Dugray." He said putting out his hand and formally greeting him. "Dugray? Do I know your grandfather?" He asked interested. "You possibly might, he works in business after all." He said smirking. "Right! He's a great man."

"Rory, I approve of this one!" He said turning over to Rory and pointing at him. He smiled and thanked him. Y/n turned as she realized she forgot to greet with full name and a little confused by what he meant by 'approve'. "Excuse my manners, I completely forgot. My name is Y/n L/n, sir." She said smiling at him.

"L/n? Oh how wonderful, both of your families are very strong in the business world! I have to say though, your dad is one tough cookie." He said making a joke, then laughing right after.

She faked giggled finding it expected of her dad. She didn't really like hearing much about her dad. The relationship between them was horrible. His absence left an indelible mark on her heart.

Throughout her life, she had yearned for a connection, a presence and love that a father should provide like the ones on tv. However, her father's physical and mental absence had continued to impact her. Their conversations were always shallow, lacking depth and care she had craved. Her father was never proud of her once. He would ask about school and if she was doing well, he would end it at that but if as so much she would get below a 100, he would complain.

As she grew up, the emotional distance between them also grew, eroding any remnants of admiration she once held towards her father. His attention and mind was always clouded work and business. She could never understand how or why her mother had stuck with him.

Y/n's disappointment and resentment towards her father stemmed not just from the absence itself, but from the impact it had on her sense of self worth and understanding of what a father's role should be. She couldn't help but compare her experiences to those with a good loving bonds. Witnessing how easy it was for a father to give love and guidance further amplified the pain of her own father's absence.

"Well, anyways go on. There's much to look around, eat and socialize. Have fun!" Mr. Gilmore finally excusing himself. Y/n and Tristan waved bye as they wandered around with Rory. "Never knew you'd be the type to agree to such a birthday party like this, Gilmore." Y/n turned to look her questionably.

"Well, I didn't really have much of a choice. It's...not that bad." She said looking at the ground. "Hey, it's ok. If you want we can go out after this whole party and host you an actual fun one with just the cast from before." Y/n said referring to Paris and Brad.

"Really? You really don't have to."

"I agree with Y/n. Parties like these are so boring after all!" Tristan said adding in the conversation as he puts his arm around Y/n's shoulder and nodded towards Rory's direction.

"Yeah, I guess I would like an after party with just you and the others." Rory turns over to Y/n and Tristan and smiles gently, before the moment could escalate to planning, Rory got called on by her grandmother.

"My granddaughter will now begin to say a speech for her birthday and the guests here!" Mrs. Gilmore exclaimed causing everyone's attention to divert to her.

By the looks of Rory's face, she did not have a clue she needed to do this. As Y/n looks to her, she seems her whisper something to her grandmother having an uncomfortable expression.

"I don't think she knew about this, huh.." Y/n whispers over to Tristan still keeping her eyes on Rory.

"Yeah, probably not." He replies turning over to her.

As they stopped whispering, Rory was now given the audience. "I- I.." before Rory could continue, she did not have much confidence and just stormed out making sure to tell her grandma that she never wanted something like this in the first place.

Y/n sincerely felt bad for her and hovered over to Tristan telepathically telling him to follow her run after Rory.

As Y/n and Tristan made a spot, they both saw Rory sitting by the bench just staring out into the distance. Y/n took the initiative and slowly went over her way to Rory. "Rory, I'm sorry. Are you okay? I understand how you feel right now, and if you want to talk about, we always could." Y/n said in an attempt to comfort and reassure her.

"No, it's alright. I just get too overwhelmed, we can still do the after party or whatever." Rory quietly said hesitant.

"Are you sure?"

__________

YALL MY BADD LATE UPDATEE
I completely forgot about this 😭😭