𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑜

CHASTITY

CHASTITY.

I was awoken by my brick phone ringing on my bedside table before my alarm had even set off. I groaned as I covered my head with my duvet and stuck my hand out to reach for the device that wouldn't seem to stop ringing. 

Pressing the answer button, I held the phone to my ear. "Hey Chas," Avery's voice chimed through the speaker. 

"Hey Aves." I mumble, my eyes doing their best to stay open.

"We're running a little bit late but we'll be by yours in about fifteen minutes. My brother decided to pick up his idiot friend on the way over but there's been a diversion." I shot up in bed, the duvet falling around my waist and glanced at my alarm clock. 

It was 7:30, I was meant to be awake forty-five minutes ago. 

"Chastity? Are you still there?" 

I held the phone up and quickly replied, "Yeah, I'm here Avery. It's fine, I'll be waiting a-and don't rush!" I untangled myself from my duvet and attempted to get out of bed but my foot got caught on my throw and I ended up falling onto the carpeted floor. "Ow," I whine. 

"Chastity are you okay? What was that?" Avery asked.

"What's going on? Is she okay? Does she need help? What's the matter?" Another voice appeared in the background and I immediately recognised the deep tone of her older brother's voice. 

"I-I'm fine, I just tripped," I replied, blushing. 

"She's fine you oaf, quit worrying," Avery spoke. 

An incoherent muffle responded before Avery began speaking again, "Okay, we'll be there at about 7:45." 

"O-Okay," I grab my school uniform in my hands and run to the bathroom. "I'll see you then."

"Bye Chastity!" Avery hung up the phone soon after. 

I quickly pulled my uniform on in the bathroom and tried to brush my tooth whilst also applying my skincare. I didn't have time to do my usual makeup and hair so I quickly applied a thin layer of makeup and brushed out my brunette hair into a loose plait, fastening it with a silk bow at the end. 

My bare feet padded against the ground as I jogged downstairs to the kitchen. A note was laid on the kitchen counter with my mother's handwriting scribbled onto it and a £20 note.

Picked up an extra shift at work

Will be back around 9pm

love you x

I sighed as I read the note and took the money to fold into my blazer pocket. 

Mama and I had been living in Willow Village for just over a year now. It was just the two of us living in a tiny cottage home we had renovated together when we first arrived in town. We didn't have much money considering the fact we had to drop all our belongings and leave them behind in our old home town, so we made the most of what we could and bought a lot fo second-hand furniture and paints to decorate the house with.