𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝑒

HARRY

HARRY.

They say the pain will leave once it's finished teaching you.

So I don't know why the fuck I still get cramps in my leg because I've learnt my lesson a long time ago and would appreciate if they would piss off.

"Styles get up will you lad?" Coach Richards calls from the sidelines as I sit on the grass massaging my calf.

"What are you doing on the floor Styles? Too pussy to play?" Finneas O'Riley taunts as he jogs past wearing his football jersey.

"Piss off Finn." I mutter under my breath and tug my grey jumper to reveal my navy blue football jersey with my last name and my lucky number nine printed onto it.

"Ignore him Cap, I know you can be a bit of a girl when it comes to cramps." My best friend, Thomas, jogs beside me as we begin our laps around the football field. His blonde hair is held back by a wired headband. I made fun of him the first time he wore it but he says his hairs too long and calls himself Samson, when I tell him to try and get it cut - thinking he'll loose his strength if he cuts it any shorter.

"Don't be fucking sexist Thomas." I retort.

A cool breeze hit my bare arms from the cool September air. It was the first week back at school and I had spent the summer taking part in the County Football Championship outside of Willow Village.

Not only was I the captain of Crestwood Academy football club but I was also captain of Willow Village's own football team. My whole life was dedicated to this sport, I don't think I'd had a break since the last week of the summer term.

I was in my final year of High School and I had high hopes of being recruited for the U20s national team. Towards the end of the school year, agents will be scouting in almost every club up and down the country and I had every intention of making it in.

Some might call it extreme but when you've dedicated the better part of your life to something, what else if there to live for?

I was 6ft 3 and worked out every morning and evening without a day's rest. I had a personal trainer who set me up on a strict diet just so I could make it into the team.

I had tunnel vision, nothing could distract me.

Except her.

We were kicking balls into the net to practice our striking for the next game. It was after school practice on a Monday so there weren't often many students hanging around but of course, she wasn't included in that percentage.