"Is this thing on?" The was a scattering of laughter. "Welcome everyone to this year's Wayne Gala. We have many special guests including a class from France." He gestured to the mostly grouped-together class. "Please give them a warm welcome." The was clapping as the class looked from Lila to Marrinette, most of the class slowly getting angrier. "And my son, Damian, has a special announcement."

Damian was handed the mike, and he squeezed Marinette's hand for support before he started to speak. "I would like to formally introduce my girlfriend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

He didn't have to say anything else. The applause was almost immediate. The citizens of Gotham were very happy for the young Wayne.

Throughout the rest of the night, Damian skillfully manoeuvred Marinette away from the French class. Towards the end of the night, Adrien was finally able to catch Marinette.

"Marinette!" She saw him and froze. Damian pulled her closer to his side and was prepared to whirl her away at a moment's notice. Adrien stopped a foot away. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt you while trying to keep the piece. I'm sorry that I failed to see how much you were hurting. I don't expect you to want to be friends again or to even forgive me, but I would like to try again. Start over and be a better friend to you." Adrien couldn't even look Marinette in the eyes.

Suddenly, he saw a hand being held out. He looked up to see Marinette holding out her hand. He hesitantly shook it, confused. "Hello, it's nice to meet you, I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng and I don't think I caught your name?"

Adrien smiled. "Adrien Agrest. A pleasure to meet you." The two of them laughed before Marinette pulled Adrien into a hug.

He squeezed her tightly, missing the signature Dupain-Cheng hug. She continued to hug him until he let go, blinking furiously. Marinette smiled softly.

"Hey, it's ok. Everything's going to be fine. We'll start over."

"Thank you, thank you so much, Marinette. I don't deserve this."

She lightly slapped his shoulder. "Nu-uh, don't you say that Mr Agreste, everyone deserves another chance. The trick is learning when to stop giving them out, but I think that this is not one of those times."

Damian came up and wrapped an arm around Marinette's waist, kissing her temple before holding out a hand to Adrien. "Agreste," Adrien shook his hand, nervous again. "Glad to finally meet the boy that my angel had a crush on before me."

Marinette's face turned a deep red as Adrien looked at her incredulously. "Seriously?"

Marinette groaned. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't know how you didn't notice, it was so obvious."

Now it was Adrien's turn to turn red as he slowly put together the last year or so. "Oh my, I am such an idiot." He buried his face in his hands as Marinette giggled and patted his head.

"It's okay, we can look back on it and laugh now."

Adrien slowly looked at her and then laughed as well. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

*time skip*

As the French class prepared to leave, Marinette was saying goodbye to her friends, Adrien haven been hesitantly accepted into the group. Marinette made sure that Adrien knew that her parents would always have their doors open to him if he ever needed them.

Lila fumed alone as the rest of the class abandoned her. Marinette's friends were blocking the rest of the class from talking to Marinette so that the class left without Marinette being bombarded by the class.

Marinette continued to wave as the class disappeared before turning to Damian.

"Let's take down Hawkmoth."

*time skip*

Using the Pegasus miraculous, Marinette sneaked her and Robin into Hawkmoth's lair. They found Hawkmoth in a meditative state, looking for someone to akumatize. Nodding at each other, Robin secured Hawkmoth's arms while Ladybug took his miraculous. He was shocked awake and stared at the hero in front of him.

"What- Ladybug- I-"

"Gabrial Agreste, you are under arrest for the terrorist activities in the city of Paris. Your miraculous has been obtained and you will soon be detained."

The police, having been warned beforehand what was happening, were already outside, ready to receive Hakwmoth. The Peacock miraculous had also been collected and Nathalie was detained as well. Adrien would be coming home to his world turned upside down and while Marinette felt bad about that, this had to be done.

One quick press conference later, and the people of Paris could finally breathe easy; knowing that their emotions would no longer be taken advantage of.

A couple of months later during the summer months; Marinette, Chloe, Nino, Alex, Kim, Luka, Kagami, Adrien, and the Waynes were having a movie night. They were all spread out across the movie room, living their happily ever after.

A/N: Again, thank you everyone for reading and I hope you enjoyed!