Chapter 2: Years of Growth

"": Speech

'': Thoughts

A/N: Author note

Point of view: Narrator

Hideyoshi: 'Mmmmnnn... everything's dark. Where am I...? Ah, right; I came running all the way back from the headquarters and then passed out on my futon. I didn't even take my clothes off. I slept like a stone... at least my legs don't hurt anymore. But there's still something that's bothering me...'

Hideyoshi: "I'VE GOT TO PEE!" Opening his eyes suddenly, his shout could be heard all across the mansion.

Jumping out of his bed, the boy leaves his room full rush. The thumping of his naked feet resounded on the manor's hallways as he run looking for the nearest restroom.

Mid sprint, something distracts him. Passing next to a window, he notices the change in the color of the sun, being less opaque, but just as warm as when he had returned home. It must be morning already. Maybe 10 A.M? He wasn't sure. But what he was sure of is that he was starving, and he was not going to miss the most important meal of the day.

So, he takes advantage of being already near to the kitchen and heads inside. In it were his mother, and one of her black haired friends whose name he couldn't remember. They seem to be talking. They notice him and greet him...

Natsuhime: "Ohaiogozaimasu, Hide. Did you sleep well?" Hideyoshi's mother speaks calmly.

The other woman just smiles lightly and nods in acknowledgement.

Hideyoshi: "Ohaio..." He responds groggily. "I'm hungry."

Natsuhime: "Well, you missed breakfast. But I can make you something if you want to." She offers kindly. "Meanwhile, you can go to the bathroom and wash yourself."

Hideyoshi: "Okay..." He responds simply, still a little sleepy.

After returning from his grooming and having changed clothes, his meal awaited him on the table: a miso soup bowl with a side of vegetable salad. Hideyoshi thanks for the food and proceeds to dig in.

Natsuhime: "Hideyoshi."

The mentioned lift his head from the food without stopping his eating, and looks at the blue-eyed woman.

Natsuhime: "Go see your father when you're done, he has a few things to explain to you. He's in the backyard."

After finishing her sentence, her son slurps the last bits of the content in the recipient in front of him and answers positively.

After heading to the indicated place, the boy can see his progenitor laying on the grass, as his back is turned to him and his head is resting on one of his hands.