Chapter 3

TW: Blood and murder in flashback, skip if uncomfortable

_____________________________

I love having routines in the morning.

I have had the same routine for years since I met Lawrence and Carter and it fits perfectly into my schedule.

Every day I wake up at five thirty am, go to the bathroom to wash my face and use the toilet. Around five forty I head to the gym room to work out for about half an hour.

When it turns six am I take a shower before I get ready and dressed, head to the kitchen and feed Peasley before I feed myself. Then I get to the warehouse around seven.

Which was where I was now.

I stopped by a coffee shop on the way to get some caffeine so I can properly function before I do some work and errands. Since it's Monday today it's usually busy and my schedule is packed with meetings and work.

I have to check up on a lot of things at the warehouse, especially the rooms where we have storage with bags full of cocaine. We have experienced theft and we know that we are very fragile with keeping stuff like that here.

Recently I have discovered that there's been cocaine missing from our storage and it's just me, Max, Lawrence and Carter that has access to that room. We also have a room for guns and money that we traffic.

When I walk into the office all the guys are already there which is surprising since they usually aren't up this early. But I guess they have a lot on their plates today too which is what we all have.

Max is the techno guy in our group. He has examined Stanford in technology and hacked web and game sites from a young age. He is the smartest one out of all of us and that's one of the things that draw me to him. He is also very empathic and cares about those around him, which isn't a huge circle. But he is one of my favorite people.

Lawrence is more the leader of the group even though we do the things we want to, he is the reason we are here. He is very charismatic, possessive and can be a dick sometimes but it's some good sides about him too. He took me under his wings when I needed him and I am forever grateful.

Carter is the more chill and laid-back guy, but he can be very dangerous when he first starts. He is also Lawrence's right hand and they are like brothers. He is very smart and comes up with plans when we need them and he always has great ideas.

"I'm surprised to see you dick heads up so early." I comment as I sit down on my chair and place my coffe on the desk, feeling their eyes on me before I look at them.

"Shut up you moron. We are actually decent guys if you haven't figured it out yet." Lawrence shoots in as Mac scoots over with his chair. A laugh escapes my throat by his reply and I smile as I feel Max's lips on my cheek.

"Wow I didn't think you had the jokes in you." I tell him and I receive his middle finger as a respond before he turns back to his computer. When I lock eyes with Carter he gives me a nod before he turns his head towards his computer. I flicker my gaze to Max, smiling as I find his handsome face.

"Hi baby." He murmurs to me before he gives me a sloppy kiss on the lips.

"Hi." I breathe out as I look up into his eyes. I didn't ever think I would fall for a guy like him, but here I am. We were friends at the begging of our relationship before we got drunk one night and we end up having sex.

We realized we both had mutual feelings for each other so we ended up dating, but it took a whole year for us to actually make it official and become boyfriend and girlfriend.