Once we'd managed to escape the football fans, I asked Jude where we were headed. "There's this restaurant I've been to a couple of times," he answered, "the food there is really good and —"

"Oh my god, there's a fair!" I exclaimed, my eyes drawn to the myriad of colours and dazzling lights across the street.

Jude followed my gaze. "So there is," he said.

"Can we please go to the fair? I haven't been to one since I was a kid."

Jude smiled. "Of course we can."

We strolled towards the loud music, the occasional scream piercing the air. My stomach growled as the smell of sweet donuts wafted our way. I looked to Jude who was watching me with a grin on his lips. I suddenly felt guilty for dragging him here when he'd originally wanted to go for dinner at a nice restaurant. But when I apologised for this, Jude just dismissed it. "It's fine, Hannah," he said. "This sounds much better, anyway."

"If you're sure?" I said.

"I am."

I smiled, satisfied with his response.

"So what did you want to do first?" Jude asked.

"Well I don't know about you, but I'm starving,"
I answered.

"Me too."

We headed to a nearby stall selling hot dogs then sat on a bench with our food, watching as people lined up to take a ride on one of the rollercoasters. We both laughed when the ride started and people began screaming in terror. "I dare you to go on that later," Jude said.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "I hate rollercoasters."

"Shame. Would've been funny to watch you shit yourself."

I watched as a girl walked past, holding hands with her boyfriend and carrying a massive teddy bear in her arms. "Oh my god, I want one of them," I said.

Jude snorted beside me. "Really?" He said in a surprised tone.

"Yes, look at it. It's huge."

"That's what she said."

I batted his arm. "Shut up."

He laughed. "We can get you one of those if you'd like," he said.

I grinned at him, quickly finishing my food so that we could find out where the girl had acquired the bear from. After wandering around for a little while, checking out all the stalls and even going on a couple of rides (ones that were nowhere near as terrifying as the rollercoaster) we finally came across the stand where the giant teddy bears were up for grabs. All that I needed to do was knock all the coconuts off the stands.

Jude shook his head when he saw my excitement, grinning widely but saying nothing as I paid the fee to have a go at throwing the balls at the coconuts. My first two goes were terrible, but on my last attempt I managed to knock down all the coconuts but one.

"Damn it!" I exclaimed, disappointed to have failed yet again.

"Your aim is terrible," Jude commented.