The blonde snaps his attention to the male not looking at him standing up swiftly beginning to pace again.

" What?? No! Is that what you really think?!"

Green eyes look up with a slight furrow in his brow and surprise by the suddenness.

" Well, I mean I.. I don't know. I've been wondering why you came back. At first I thought it was pity maybe but now that you said that I'm just.. I'm just asking."

Katsuki feels a surge of frustration that this nerd is so damn clueless.

" No Deku that's not why I came back. Part of the reason is Aizawa asked me to because you and I have history. I mean fuck, no one knows you like I do. Not Icyhot or Round Face or any other extra. We grew up together, spent the most time together and even if you think you were the only one studying me all those years you'd be fucking wrong. I was always watching Izuku, even when you didn't realize it. I came back because getting you to walk again and helping you through this shit is ... is important to me because.. because I care dammit!"

Izuku is slightly wide eyed blinking at the blonde before he can say anything Katsuki sits down again eyes back on the floor as he mumbles the next line.

" I care a lot Deku. Even when I'm pushing you, pushing past your limits, even when I'm giving you hell or yelling like a lunatic I care. Fuck, sometimes I'm doing it because I care so damn much."

There's tears down Izuku's cheeks now as the blonde looks over at him and grins with a head shake.

" Bet that was fucking surprising to hear come from my mouth huh?"

Izuku smiles wiping his tears as he speaks.

" Kind of but.. but it's.. it's really nice to hear. I .. I care about you too, I always have."

Katsuki smirks.

" I know, yours was more transparent then mine tho. And Deku, you care about everyone."

Izuku swallows hard.

" Yes, that's true but .. I don't care about everyone in the same way or depth that I care about .. certain people.", he stumbles out.

Katsuki raises a brow wondering and hoping he's the only certain person.

There's a minute of silence and then Izuku speaks again.

" So um get...getting back to the thing I'm wondering about mostly at the moment, well honestly I'm wondering about lots of things but the.. the tattoo?"

There's a sudden crash of thunder outside the minute smoldering crimson eyes lock onto emerald ones and for a minute Izuku considers the possibility that Katsuki had the power to make it happen because it was causing a wave of feeling through him at the moment he can't explain all he knows is it feels like heated electricity. It's strong, something is hanging in the air between that makes it feel like you can reach out and physically touch it. He's holding his breath and until his lungs begin to beg for air he doesn't even realize it.

The blonde's eyes remain on green ones as he begins to speak slowly.

" The first time I saw black whip was at that training day where we competed against class 1-B. Monoma was up against you and trash talking me and this dark bad ass bitch showed itself. You couldn't control it, it was all over the fucking place and at first I didn't know why until I heard All Might say it was because you were emotional. You were pissed as fuck over what that jerk was saying about me and it was causing you to react. Even your purple haired freak buddy had to step in to stop you and that quirk because you couldn't calm down. I just remember how that made me feel in that moment. My fucking heart was beating so damn fast as I watched you because in that moment it hit me how much I must really mean to you. For you not to be able to calm the fuck down and almost kick that snarky little bastards ass hard, I knew I ment something deep to you. I guess I saw it as this sign of hope that even though I had put you through so much shit that some place deep you still cared about me. That maybe we wouldn't stay broken for good that I could still fix this shit and be what I always wanted to be. Your hero."