Chapter 20 - Evidence

Recommended song to listen to while reading - Mirotic by TVXQ! 

♡________________♡

I was frightened, in all honesty. I've been held captive by my parents my whole life and it just felt impossible to leave. Even with Niki and the others by my side, I still didn't know if I was making the right decision.

I knew that they deserved to rot in prison but I somehow felt guilty.

So many thoughts were running through my mind, I didn't even notice when everyone left, me and my roommate being left in our room.

"It's going to be okay. I am here." I rested my head on his shoulder after he sat down next to me.

"I'm just worried. Escaping my parents seems like a nice dream that just can't and won't become reality. I've been living in pain my whole life because of them, and, still... somehow, I feel like I should just suck it up for a little longer..."

"You didn't deserve to be treated like you were. You deserve the best in the world. And they deserve to be held accountable for their actions. No parent should do what they did to you. And you should never feel guilty for wanting what's better for you. And you shouldn't let this go on any longer. You deserve to live a happy life with people who love and appreciate you, not hit you and call you names and slurs just because you are who you are. That is not love. Please don't let them do this to you anymore. This is your chance, why not at least try?"

"I know what you mean... But they are still my parents... kinda..."

"Those are not real parents. Parents would never do that to their own child. And I know you know that." I just nodded slowly... I knew he was right.

"I guess my bad thoughts just fogged up my mind for a second... Thank you."

"Don't worry, I'm here to defog it for you. And don't thank me. I'm just fulfilling my role." I slowly looked up;

"What role exactly?" For the past few days I feel this tension between us and I couldn't handle it any longer. With everything happening, we had no time for ourselves, no time to talk more about... us. I needed to hear him say it even though I knew exactly what he meant.

"You already know what I mean, love."

"Do I? Maybe you should say it just to make sure." I smiled as I waiting for an answer. He laughed softly, the best sound I've ever heard. I loved that soft side of him. I felt like the luckiest person alive whenever I was with him. He always knew what to say and what to do. If you would've told me one year ago that I would meet such an amazing person, I would've thought that I am delusional and that there is no person like that on Earth. But he was real, and he was standing right in front of my eyes.

"Well... We said that we would wait for the right moment to ask this so I was hoping for the perfect moment but..." He seemed to hesitantly so I squeezed his hand as encouragement. "I guess here it goes... Kim Sunoo, would you like to be my boyfriend?" I could see him visibly tensing, waiting for my answer as if it wasn't the most obvious thing already.

I couldn't hold back anymore. I've been wanting to kiss him for the longest time. And I found that moment the perfect opportunity to finally do it. I got closer to him and, lifting his chin, I kissed him. And he, of course, kissed me back. We broke apart soon after and I smiled at him;

"I would love to be your boyfriend, Nishimura Riki."

He exhaled dramatically, making me laugh. "What? Did you think I would say no?" I giggled.

"Well, I was hoping that that wouldn't be the case!" He acted offended making me feel even more amused. "Now I can call you my boyfriend. Finally." My cheeks felt hot all of a sudden. Boyfriend. I liked the sound of that.

Then something popped up in my mind, making me feel worried once again.

"What about the others... When will we tell them?" He also got a little more serious but tried to seem relaxed even though something was telling me that he was also worried about it.

"We can think about that after we finish with the plan. Let's not think about it for now. We will tell them at the right moment, okay, love?"

"Alright..." That night we fell asleep cuddling on my bed and, somehow, all my worries were gone.

Until the morning came again. And I heard someone trying to force the door open at 5 am in the morning.

Realizing that it was my parents, I quickly woke up a very confused Niki and lead him to his bed before getting myself together and opening the door in a rush.

It was only my mother who peaked into the room before starting to leave.

"I see that you aren't that big of a whore, being able to stay in separate beds. I'm surprised you were able to keep your dick in your pants. Or did you throw him on his bed before you opened the door, huh?" Silence. "You will burn in hell anyway."

"Wow...good morning to you too..." I slowly said to myself. I closed the door behind me.

I looked at Niki, peacefully sleeping (or that's what I thought) and I smiled. My boyfriend. I went closer and gave him a quick forehead kiss.

I was about to go back to my bed when I felt his hand pulling me back down. I looked at him confused because he still had his eyes closed.

"Where do you think you are going? Come here." After a few seconds of me just trying to process, I did as I was told. And that's how I ended up falling asleep once again in his arms.

Only for another hour though, before we had to start getting ready for school.

After all of us got to school, Niki announced; "I will talk to the senior today. I already texted him and he already agreed to help me no matter what this is about so you don't have to worry. I will just need to explain the plan and we are all set. For now, let's just be ready for anything." He looked at the others and said; "Also, while Sunoo's parents are here, I think we should try to stick with him as much as we can, if that's okay with you?" He looked at me, asking for my consent and I just agreed, knowing that they were, once again, right. I didn't want to be alone with my parents again. "Good. I'll see you guys later." He gave me one last glance before we all parted our ways.

♡________________♡

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬! 

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?

 𝐀𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝, 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠! 

𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥! 

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬! 

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐲! 

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥!

💜