The work with Alex was still the same, I was mostly quiet. I felt sometimes that she wanted to start bantering with me but I would take the high road and will keep quiet which annoys her sometimes.

To be honest, I don't understand and know what she wants from me. Every morning, I would feel like she wanted to know how my night went as she would say things like, It's early morning but you look tired or would ask something like, were you out drinking last night? You look like you have a hangover.

I mean, what the fuck? Right?

But as usual, to cut the conversation short, I would answer her, yeah, you sound about right, or just a simple yes even if I didn't do anything that night.

I have tried to get out of the company outing but the HR declined it,  I tried to find a better lie but all I could muster was, I will spend time with my family, which was super lame, I know.

"I will invite Claire, I actually checked on her already and she said she can make herself available." Brian trying to console me the other day.

"Also, you don't need to ride on the company bus, I will pick you up and Claire and you both ride with me." 

I still pouted.

"It'll be fun, I'm not gonna leave your side, I mean, Claire and I will not leave your side, I promise."

So here I am, in front of my building waiting for Brian at 05:00 in the morning, he said he would pick up Claire first before me which makes sense because he will pass by first to her building before mine.

They are ten minutes late.

"Sorry, sorry! It was my fault, Brian came early to my building but I took time to go down." Claire apologized to me while she got out of the car.

"Where are you going?" I asked her wondering why would she go down the car. Brian went down as well to help me with my bag and put it in the trunk.

"You sit in the passenger seat, I'll sit at the back."

"What?"

"I want to sleep in the back, Cara. Just sit there, ok!"

Brian held the door open for me while he let out a soft laugh. 

"Hop in, Cara." 

As Brian drove off, I checked Claire at the back, she was lying down and her eyes were already closed.

"How many hours would we be driving?" I asked Brian in a soft voice.

"About 3 hours, I think."

"Ohh."

"You can sleep if you want." He looked at my side for a second.

"No, no. You'll feel sleepy driving, I'll keep you company."

Brian took out a small paper bag at the back of his seat while we were stopped at the signal.

"Here." He handed it to me.

"What is it?" I asked him as I took the bag from him.

"I bought you a croissant, it's cheese, your favorite."

"Brian..."

"I know you don't do breakfast, that is just in case you get hungry."

We talked about random stuff while Claire was peacefully sleeping. Though we had to talk low so we don't wake her up.

I am sleepy too but I'd rather keep Brian company. He might feel sleepy driving and well, we don't want any accident happening to us today.

Plus, it was really fun going down memory lane with Brian. The things we do in college, the people we met, the parties I turned down, the boys I turned down. How I was boring to my friends because all I did was study. 

And even now, all I do is work.

Well, I wanted to be great once I find the job that I would love after my internship. At first, I was thinking and hoping that Williams and Brown would hire me after this but now, I don't see that happening. And I think, even if they ask me to stay, I wouldn't want to, considering what had happened between Alex and me.

Oh, Alex.

4 days of beach outing, I'm gonna see Alex wearing a bikini, I don't think my heart would be able to take it.