49. Are you scared of me?

Jay looked at his phone with a blank face.
It was a number saved as 'piece-of-shit' but something inside the alpha told him to not to pick the call today. He didn't want to talk to that unknown bastard. He stared at the phone untill the screen went black and the ringing stopped. He put his phone back in his pocket.

Jay sighed. He was already frustrated and worried about heesung who suddenly went 'missing'. It didn't take a genius to guess what happened. He had warned the younger to stay low.

Jay glared at the omega sitting on the bed, sniffling. He was crying since last night. Niki had snuck out without jay's knowledge and went out. Of course heesung would know it since he was the omega's bodyguard and follow after him. Niki did return unharmed but the alpha didn't.

They tried tracking his phone but only found in it his car which was parked near a convenience store. They didn't find any cctv footage of him either after trying.

Kim Clan never leaves evidence, do they?

Jay was hundred percent sure it was the kims who took heesung. He was worried for the alpha's safety. He trusted the younger and he know he won't say anything, which was the reason for his concern. He hoped taehyung won't be there. The alpha wasn't out there for a week. Jay concluded that taehyung may be in rut since he was absent for a while.

He had a good chance at catching Jungkook during that time. But his men flied after witnessing a freaking wolf which appeared out no where, can you believe it?! He didn't know there were wolves in the woods.

Whatever, he missed his chance and his men didn't get killed by the wolf luckily, unlike the thugs who tried to hurt jungkook and got ripped into shreds. That was a horrifying scene, believe him, he saw the video one of his men took. He can't that idiot took a video instead running away first.

Does Kims now raise wolves too? Where did they even get that freaking huge wolf from? The wolf was protecting the omega which means the wolf must be tamed or something. Jungkook was unharmed after all. The omega was damn lucky, getting rescued everytime.

Jay doesn't know if he will get a chance like that again. But that freaking scary wolf ruined everything.

''I am s-sorry.'' Jay snapped out of his thoughts when niki's pitiful voice reached his ears. His eyes softened and he moved towards the omega, standing infront him and patting his head gently. Niki didn't raise his head feeling guilty. If he listened to his brother and didn't behave like a brat the alpha would have been here.

''Its alright. They were going to find out him anyway. It was predictable. Its not...not your fault. So don't cry.''

''They won't harm him because of our alliance. It will be against the mafia code and it will only be troublesome for them.'' Jay tried to assure the omega who was crying again. Jay decided to believe in his own words. He hoped taehyung won't violate the rules he himself established after taking over the underworld.

''I-i am so s-sorry!'' The omega continued sobbing. Jay tried his best calming the omega.

Jungwon came inside the omega's room with a tray of food for niki and coffee for his husband. He smiled at the siblings, seeing his alpha patting the omega's back who was hugging his waist.

Jay's nerves calmed a little after seeing his mate who was making his way towards them slowly.

His omega was in his fourth month of pregnancy. His small baby bump was visible whenever he is not wearing his oversized clothes. Seeing his omega's smile made him forget all his worries.

But as the days passed, so did his fear for their safety. At one point he thought about his actions and what consequences it might bring to his family.