Chapter 8 - Justice From Above

Start from the beginning

Y/N's POV 

I began to have nightmares, Brigitte screaming out, the sound of footsteps surrounding me, Lena yelling out to Brigitte. I genuinely thought this was all real, It felt real that's for sure, feeling the sweat beads roll down my face and the shaking feeling in my legs as the sounds grew louder and louder, building up to a deafening pitch until there was nothing. I can see the infinite void of my mind, no sounds, nothing else around me, but then I look up and I see my mom, but why, why now? and to the right is my dad. Why am I being shown this now? The two come together as they reach their hands out to me, I grab in response just to hear "You'll be okay son, but its time to wake up, people out there need you" and then it all fades to black.

Lena's POV

Tracer: "Get back here, you will pay for what you've done to so many people"

Widowmaker: "And what is it that I've supposedly done to so many? As far as I'm concerned I've done the world a favor"

Tracer: "Cause that's a great way to look at It, Talon's up to no good and Its up to me to stop them"

Widowmaker: "As if you could stop us from taking that little boy of yours, It seems my job here is done"

Tracer: "Wait! You couldn't have, Amari would never let you lay a finger on Y/N"

Widowmaker: "Oh her? Let's say an old friend has already taken care of her, foolish girl"

Tracer: "No... no no no, It cant be!"

???: "Lena!"

You turn around to see a cybernetic figure closing in on your position, It's Genji. You felt a sudden weight lift off your shoulders and were relieved to see him.

Widowmaker: "Foolish idiot, didn't he finish the job?"

Widowmaker then jumps down from the rooftops but you immediately lose sight of her.

Tracer: "Dammit, she got away!"

Genji: "That's okay, lets report back to the others, Pharah is waiting for us"

Tracer: "I'm so glad to see you, please tell me you got Brigitte back to Ana for me"

Genji: "Sorry Lena, but I haven't seen Brigitte at all on my way over here"

Tracer: "Oh no, I left her a while ago to chase down you know who"

Genji: "Do you have any idea where she could be?"

Tracer: "I would have no clue, she's injured but not too badly from what she told me"

Genji: "Ill contact Pharah, report to her that Widowmaker has escaped and Brigitte is still missing"

Tracer: "Thank you Genji, please help me the best you can"

Genji nods and proceeds to fill Pharah and Ana in on the situation, no one has seen Brigitte since we got split up. I hope she's doing okay, the poor thing, I should've never left her behind.

Brigitte's POV (Flashback)

I was back on Gibraltar, sparring with Genji was my favorite past time when it came to fighting, Reinhardt was always too big and Lena isn't specialized in close combat fighting. Genji was the perfect sparring partner, light but durable, flexible but smooth, experienced and quick witted. really kept me on my toes whenever we went head to head although most of the time he would win.

Brigitte: "When are you going to let me have an easy win?"

Genji: "That will be the day when I am dead, so don't get any ideas"