Ep. 1 The Orphio

Changes: 12/30/2023

"It's been a while, Mr. Crawford." Raymond said, filling the silence. He was never comfortable  with the awkwardness of it.

Raymond offered his hand to Jack. They shook hands. Jack offered his to Morgan, in a way also offering peace between them. Jack never felt so grateful when she slowly took it.

"I didn't think you guys actually come back." Jack stared at them.

Everything about them changed and not just in their looks but they way they held themselves. Between them both, Jack would say that Morgan was the most unrecognizable.

She grew out her wavy brown hair to reach her mid-back. Her brows were sharper. Her eyes seem to naturally glare at people. Her features were more masculine.

While Raymond grew out his beard, but honestly, it really was just a stubble. There were gentle smile lines around his cheeks. He cut his brown hair short and parted to the side. He got taller, maybe a little bit taller than Jack himself.

The taller male wore a thick coat while his sister wore a simple sweater. Nobody knew that behind in her layer of clothing, she was shaking like a leaf.

"Well, you said you needed us. So here we are." Raymond blatantly stated. He dug his hands deeper into his coat pockets.

Morgan quickly caught eye of the woman and stalked towards her. She couldn't stop looking over at the woman. They looked so much alike. It was unsettling, to say the least. Kind a felt like an outer body experience: seeing yourself dead. There was a split moment where she felt invincible seeing her doppelganger dead. She felt like a ghost.

Morgan slipped out a hand from the warmth of her pockets and tapped on the table.

"Plastic surgery?" She asked.

"Yeah, Miss Clark and Mr. Dewis both had plastic surgery, facial only though." Jack informed.

Raymond cringed at the bodies. Granted he was a cop back in Spain and has seen some wild stuff, but this just made his feel uneasy. He was slowly starting to regret his decision now.

"The resemblance is almost uncanny." Raymond commented. 

Morgan checked over the male. He looked exactly like her father. There were imperfections purposely made on Mr. Dewis' skin that her father had. The wrinkles on the lower part of his face, the sharp shape of the ear, his smile lines, dimples, and the thick shape of his brows. 

Morgan drew her hand out to touch the body. Brian was about to jump in before his bossed silently gave her permission. They watched her as she pulled the white sheet over his chest and gaze down at his left arm.

Will tried studying her facial expression yet it took him all his focus to decipher her. If he had not focused all his attention on her, he wouldn't have caught her slip of emotion that ran across her face. It was only for a split second that he saw her shoulders tense, her eyelids narrowing and the absent mind stare in her eyes. Or maybe it was anger? He wasn't sure, it was too quick to tell. He was still recovering from the fact that he thought he was hallucinating her.

"The officer who called me told me that a man who worked for Jack called it in." Morgan paused, her attention flickering to Will who stood off in the corner.

Something about her gaze felt dead. Her brown eyes looked black, even under the intense lighting of the lab. A ghost shiver ran up his spine and his heart palpitated. 

"Was it you?"

Although his body moved his lips didn't and his eyes just stared at her.

It wasn't until Beverly looked at him expectantly and probed him, "Will?"