1

The princess knelt low, facing the red carpet which lay beneath her, and the elves that surrounded her. The room was mostly empty, a throne stood in the far back of the room, where the king sat. The room was stone, giving it a special smell. The knight besides her stood tall, keeping his chin high, but not too high. The princess glanced at her knight, a small glance, but it was a glance. He had brown hair, which had always been up. He had his royal guards on, it glistened in the sunlight from the large window positioned at the far side. His skin was pale, but his cheeks were a pinkish red. His ears pushing through his hair, however, he wore no earrings like other elves. His name was Daithi, the princesses appointed knight. He glanced down in response, catching her eye. The princess wore a white royal gown that was fanned out on the carpet. Her hair was like gold, complimenting her eyes, which had a tint of red. She was tanner compared to her knight, her face was slim but soft. Her name being;

"Aoife, my dear daughter." The king began, the two elf's averted their gaze to their king who sat on his throne with pride. His hair was brown, his face was slim but he wore his usual reddish royal tunic. He looked young for his age, but no elves age quickly. Aoife rose to her name, still giving a small bow. The back of her gown dragged upwards, intune with the movement of her body. She linked her hands together tightly.

"I do not understand your request." The king stated, the elf princess nodded in return, she felt her heart thump in her chest as she thought of what to say in a response to her father, the more he stared at her waiting for her to say even just a single word, the more pressure she felt.

"I'm just suggesting, it would be a good idea to have all races involved. There would be more peace all around Hakull, and they all have their own powers that would contribute positively to the travel there. They could protect me, father." She ended strong, or that's how she felt. Aoife took a deep breath, hoping her father would agree. The king stared at his daughter in deep thought. Daithi sighed, and shuffled in his place slightly due to his aching legs. The king sat back up, more focused this time.

"It is much to even ask me for you to go to that...hole, I don't know if putting more races in danger is a great idea. But you are right. They would help greatly..." The elf princess lowered her head in response, taking a deep breath, giving another glance to her knight. Daithi didn't seem to have a thought beyond his eyes, he looked straight ahead, not showing any sign of emotion or weakness.

"Exactly, that's why I think we should get all of the races! At least one of each." The king could only sigh, he didn't know how to even do any of that. How could he get all of one race? They all hated each other. Not to mention Faes and Dwarves.

"I don't know if that is a good idea though Aoife, it would cause conflict." Stated the high king, the princess sighed. Her fingers formed a fist, she tightened them, trying to think of a way to respond, if she even could.

"What about the witch! She should know much about everyone, she's someone to rely on." The king glanced to his side, where his own knight stood. The knight looked almost exactly like Daithi, but slightly older, his brown hair was longer and in a braid that went down his back, the sides of his hair were apart from the back, making a small swirl in the middle. He also stood tall, but he made eye contact with the king, unlike Daithi usually did with the princess.

"Gila...I do trust Gila.." His voice trailed as if he was talking to his own knight. The knight was Daithi's father, Ailwi, he had seemed to grow close to the king, as the king would glance at him and talk to him even if he were in an important place.

"I guess it is settled then, I trust Gila to find enough people." The king huffed, like he had just said the most relieving confession of time. Gila was a witch, a very famous witch. No one knows how long she has lived, but she does tell stories of the first light, first of everything. Just as the king said, she would set off for each race, soon after the conversation.