"i'm not your fucking son. don't call me that shit. why are you here?"

rod scoffed a little as he pulled a cigar from
his pocket "what you mean? this is my house, that is my wife and you are my son"

suddenly zac balled up his fist, punching the counter top, the cracking sound echoed in the silent house.

"shut the fuck up! nothing in here is yours. this my mama shit, i'm my mama son. you a weak ass nigga, you left us, pussy mutherfuc-"

before zac could finish, rod had him lifted in the air with a hand gripped tightly around his throat.

"obviously your mama ain't been teaching you shit, disrespectful little nigga" he chuckled watching zac struggled in the air to breathe.

"rod please, put my baby down..please don't hurt my baby" diana sobbed on the floor. "if it's money you want-"

"i don't want your fucking money diana"

"yeah, anymore" zac choked out, his eyes peering down into his father's.

rod looked over at diana then back at zac, before dropping him, causing his body to make a load thud on the floor. zac tried to catch his breath as he rubbed his sore neck.

"pathetic" rod started as he looked down at them both, a dark chuckle leaving his throat. he lit his cigar, pulling his phone out to make a call.

"yeah, i'm here now but i'm leaving after i handle this bullshit mistake" he said turning towards the door. zac looked over at his mother on the floor, crying and praying into the palm of her hands "God, just watch over my baby..don't let him hurt my baby" she repeated over and over.

he knew his father had only come back after not being around since he was 5 years old to kill him and his mom in their home.
zac had heard horror stories about his father being a dangerous man from the kids at school. he never really believed it enough to ask his mom but he believed it now.

zac took a deep breath before reaching behind him to retrieve the gun from under his shirt. he looked back towards the door, seeing the back of his father's head.

zac closed his eyes, remembering there was only one in the camber.

before he could raise his weapon, the front door flew open. "Police! Hands up, get on the ground"! the yelled, busting into the livingroom. zac quickly slide his gun under the couch, laying flat on the ground with his hands in the air.

"my mama! she needs help" he hollered out as the officers made their way into the house....

~

not long after, zac sat on the porch as the medics rushed his mother into the back on the ambulance and placed his handcuffed father into the back of a police car.

"do you have anywhere you can stay?" a medic asked, kneeling beside zac as she wrapped his hand. he simply stood his head no.

"that's my friend! i can go see him!! i called muthafucka" the sound of a girl hollering at the police officers in the driveway made them both look.