eleven.

Warnings: Strong language, violence.

***

Alex.

Alex walked into Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital, with Scott following her. They had decided to bring Melissa some dinner since she was working a double shift. Alex noticed that the hospital seemed busier than usual. Doctors and nurses ran around frantically while patients yelled and complained. It looked like there had been a serious accident.

"What the hell is going on?" Alex mumbled to Scott.

"I don't know, but there's Mom." Scott said, pointing ahead.

Alex spotted Melissa and hurried over to her. She held up the bag of take out food with a smile. Melissa's eyes widened with joy when she spotted her children.

"You guys brought me dinner?" Melissa grinned.

"Call it an 'I'm sorry I stole your car last night without any explanation' dinner." Alex shrugged.

"You're forgiven." Melissa rolled her eyes. "But I still want that explanation when I get home."

Alex nodded her head. She had to figure out what exactly happened before she could explain it to anyone else.

"So, what happened here?" Scott asked, looking around.

"Ten car pile up downtown." Melissa sighed. "Everyones been rerouted here. But the ER attending physician is late, and we're running out of space in here."

"I'm sure she'll be here soon. She's probably stuck in traffic." Alex shrugged.

"Well, she better hurry. She's not answering her pager either." Melissa said.

A woman walked over to them. Alex's eyes widened slightly when she saw the woman's hands covered in blood and trembling. She felt bad for her.

"Please." The woman sobbed. "Please, can't you just give me something for the pain?"

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, but giving you meds before we examine you could do more harm than good." Melissa said sadly.

The woman groaned and returned to her seat. Scott suddenly announced he'd be right back, leaving Alex and Melissa alone. Melissa sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Tell me some good news, Alex." Melissa sighed.

"Huh?" Alex raised a brow.

"Just tell me something positive because right now I'm drowning." Melissa said.

"Sorry, Mom. My life's a shit show." Alex shrugged.

"Watch your language." Melissa scolded. "Where did you go yesterday when you took off with my car?"

Before Alex could answer, though, the doors burst open, and Alex turned to see one of the twins carrying someone into the hospital.

"Ethan?" Alex furrowed her brows.

She raced over to him and quickly realised that the boy he was carrying was Danny, a friend of Scott's. She recognised him from Jennifer's English class.

"What the hell did you do to him?" Alex narrowed her eyes at Ethan.

"Nothing!" Ethan exclaimed. "He just started having trouble breathing and getting chest pains. They just keep getting worse!"

Alex looked over her shoulder. "Mom!"

Melissa raced over, followed by Scott. Alex stood on Danny's other side, helping Ethan prop him up. Ethan told Melissa what he'd told Alex, and Melissa jumped into action.