Chapter 1: Shadows

There was a huge explosion in the Central Building. Felix jumped out from the top of the Central Building to a nearby building’s roof and ran as fast as he could. He had gotten the Core.

The Guards chased him through the town, from the rooftops to the streets, from the marketplace to the house of some random person, they could not let him escape. Not with the Core.

“How close are you to the base?" Mira asked him through the earphone.

“Not even a bit. I think I'll have to hide somewhere else.” Felix replied.

“We can't do that, there's nowhere the Guards aren't,” Mira said.

The Guards were closing in on Felix, while he was starting to get slower due to exhaustion.

“I can't get caught.” Felix thought. His vision started to fade, and….

The alarm rang and Felix’s eyes opened wide. It was just a dream.

Felix got up from his bed, got dressed and left his house. He wore a black shirt and pants. His hair was messy and his eyes were only half open.

Felix walked through the thin streets of Dritisct, looking up for a moment at the dark dome that covered the entire planet. It had been around ten years since it happened. When Triktala took over the entire world.

Felix doesn't remember everything from back then. He was only thirteen years old back then. All he remembered was blood, death, pain and suffering. He tries not to think about it and makes his way through the thin streets to the Base.

Felix was part of a rebellious group that was trying to free the world from Triktala’s rule, and today was a big day. Triktala’s castle had an energy source called the Core. If they were right, then having the Core alone could give them an immense amount of power, which would be enough to kill Triktala.

The very minute Felix entered, all the members’ attention shifted to him. They all welcomed him as their leader, a title he never wanted or accepted, but was given nevertheless.

“You're late. Very late, actually. Were you having one of those weird dreams again?” said Mira, one of his friends, which just means his only friend.

“Whatever,” Felix replied.

“You say whatever too much,” Mira said.

“Whatever, today is an important day. We will go through the plan once again, and then we execute it. I won't explain it again, so listen carefully.” Felix ordered.

“For someone who says they don't want to be the leader, you're very good at being the leader,” Mira said.

Felix doesn't say it out loud, but the look he gives to Mira tells her to shut the hell up.

“The plan is simple, the security group will stay here and disable the security system of the Central Building, while the guard group will be responsible for distracting all the guards from the centre area of the building so that I can make it into the safe and then steal the core. Understand?” Felix explained. Everyone nodded and started preparations.

Felix and Mira went over to a corner to talk.

“Say, do we have any news about Aventor? If we could get in contact with them, we might be able to get some help from the Elemental Gods. After all, the last King was in direct contact with them.” Felix asked.

“Well, I haven't been able to contact them. It seems to be impossible at this point. But there is something else which we found. There seems to be a huge burst of energy from the direction Aventor is in.” Mira replied.