He's been hugging me ever since he got in my house and I just go along with it.

"Don't apologize buddy, it's not your fault." I smiled, "I'm okay, see? Still alive."

"YOU DON'T SOUND HAPPY WHAT THE HE-"

"I'm happy! I really am!" I reassured and hug him tighter, "there's no way I'm gonna miss out on your graduation."

"Th-that's still next year but...I...ghmrhrnm." he started sobbing even more while burying his face on my chest.

"Hey, I haven't eaten anything yet...wanna help me make dinner?"

Tails got off of me and nodded. I gently wiped his tears away and smiled. He is such a strong but a sweet boy. I try to distract him with another topic as we start cooking for our food.

Eventually, after we finished our dinner, Tails refused to go home and he insisted on spending the night with me. Of course I can't say no to him, not while he's like this. So I agreed and let him stay for the night.

I checked the time, it's past twelve and I still can't sleep. Tails, on the othet hand, is already sleeping soundly right next to me. Am I going back to my old habit because of that incident? Staying up late or even not sleep at all?

I sigh and decide to check on my phone. I don't know if it's just a perfect timing or a coinsidence, but I got a text message from Shadow.

"Are you up?"

I blush and carefully sit up on my bed.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Haha I knew it. I'm at your porch."

I widen my eyes in surprise. I slowly got off from the bed to not accidentally wake Tails up and exit the bedroom. I quickly head to the front door and unlocked the door for him.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Shadow, oh my gosh it's so late, why aren't you asleep?"

"Well, why aren't you?" He asked me back the question and I just avert my eyes away.

"Um...come in." I said and let him in before I close the door and lock it.

"Do you want anything?" I asked.

"No, that's okay, sit here with me." He pat on the empty spot next to him on the couch. I blush and did what he said. I curled myself next to him as he wrap his arm around me.

"By the way, Tails is sleeping in my room so...we should keep our voices down." I said.

"Ah, gotcha." He nodded. "Anyway...we haven't really processed our feelings after the incident so I came here for that."

Oh that's right. After our confession, Shadow went back to meet his team while Scourge and I went home.

"Shadow...I just wanna say that...it's literally a dream come true for me that you return my feelings..." I smile shyly. "I've been in love with you ever since I learned your name through one of the dreams I had...um...it sounds creepy, huh?"

"It's not." He chuckled and gently stroke my quills, "in fact I'm glad you meet me in your dreams...otherwise I couldn't imagine what would happen to you now from that horrible incident." He sigh.

"Ah you're right." I frowned, "it was really terrifying...one of them almost shot me..." I mumbled.

"What? Are you serious?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah...but, Scourge protected me." I smiled.

"I see." Shadow said with a relieved smiled, "your friend is very kind."

"Yeah, I should thank him more often." I chuckle.

We stayed in silent for a good few seconds with him just stroking my quills and me resting my head on his soft chestfur. Just being in each other's presence is nice and comforting.

"Hey, Shadow?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you like me?"

"Well..." he paused, "I don't really know and I can't explain it in detail...but you are so cute and charming."

I stare at him with a sarcastic smirk, "charming? Really?"

"Yes, I'm serious." He chuckled. "I find you to be so cute especially when you told me you were dreaming about me." He claimed and it made me blush red.

"Th-that's embarrassing for me..."

"It's not." He reassured and kissed my forehead.

I slowly start to feel sleepy from the gentle strokes he's been doing and I yawned.

"Wanna sleep?"

"Yeah..." I said sleepily, "but, can you stay?"

Shadow blushed. Then he smiled and nodded his head.

"Sure, can we reposition though? If that's okay?" He asked and I nodded.

Shadow laid down on the couch and he told me to lie down on him. So I climbed on top of him and I rest my head on his chest as he rest his hands around me. He then start to stroke my back and just make it even more comfortable for me.

"Goodnight, Sonic."

"Mn...night, Shadow..."

..
..

I sit on my usual spot at Rose Brew. Seems like the place is empty again and as usual the world outside is still blurry.

My ears perked as I heard the door open, then I see the familiar dark hedgehog approaching me with a cup of coffee. He sat down on the other chair and hand me the coffee, I guess it's for me.

"So...you're okay?"

"Yeah..." I smiled.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Mhm." I nodded.

"Good." He got up from the chair, "well it's a short talk but it's time for me to go." He said.

"Will you be coming back?" I asked in concern.

"I don't think I will...you have already found what you need." He chuckled.

"I see..." I sighed.

"I'm happy for you." He walk to me and pulled me for a hug, naturally I hug back. "I'm so proud and happy for you, Sonic..." he said before pulling away.

"It's time for me to go. Goodbye, Sonic. Take care of yourself, okay?"

I don't know why but I feel so relaxed. I don't feel sad from his departure, rather I feel so relieved.

"Thank you...goodbye." I smiled as I watch him walk away. "Thanks for everything, Shadow."

..
..

I squirm as I wake up from my sleep. Hm, that's weird, I don't remember what I dreamt of last night. I checked the clock and it was seven in the morning. I just realize that I'm not in my bed, I'm still on top of Shadow...so he really did spent the night with me. I smile tiringly and rest my head back on his chest with my eyes closed.

My ears perked when I hear him squirm, I open my eyes and lift my head as my tail wag in joy when I see Shadow slowly opening his eyes.

"Mn...heh, good morning, Sonic."

"Good morning, Shadow."

End.

...............

Edit:

Yeah I forgot to mention this but basically this whole story is just me being stressed out of college and how my boyfriend just trying his best to keep me alive. Anyway thank you for reading. ❤️