Chapter 16 - End

Sonic's POV

The rescue process went well. The bad guys are captured and everyone in campus was successfully rescued by Shadow and his team. The other students are going home, some are still waiting to get picked up by their friends or families.

Meanwhile, I'm still with Scourge. Shadow walk up to us after he finished reporting to his team.

"Hey, I'm back." He smiled.

"Thanks for rescuing us, Shadow." I smiled back, "oh and this is Scourge." I pull on his arm and introduce him to Shadow.

"Uh- n-nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Shadow said and they both shake hands. "Anyway, now that the situation is clear you two should go home and rest up."

"I keep telling this blue rat about that, but he doesn't wanna go home until you talk to him..." Scourge fold his arms and sigh tiringly.

I blush and avert my eyes away, "w-well...I'm worried about you, too..." I mumble.

Shadow raise his brows in surprise and chuckled, "aww Sonic, thank you." He approach me closer and suddenly kiss my forehead.

Uh oh.

I blush madly, but I quickly turn my head over to see Scourge's reaction. Just as I thought, his eyes widen in surprise and horror.

"WHAT?!"

"NO NO WAIT WAIT." I raised my hands in defense, "it's okay! Shadow and I are-"

I froze. Wait. I turn myself around and stare at Shadow confusingly.

"Sh-Shadow...what are we?"

"Well I actually wanted to ask this after you finish your class..." he rubbed his quills shyly, "this is probably not the right time and place, but...do you want to be my boyfriend?"

My eyes widen, did I just hear that right? I quickly slap myself and startled both Scourge and Shadow. Then I hold Shadow's muzzle and make him stare at me for a few seconds as I glare at him.

"Oh, so this is not a dream..." I mumbled and let go of his face. I took a deep breath then releasing it, I shyly smile at him as I hold my own two hands nervously. "Well...Shadow, this seems too fast but I'd very much love to be your boyfriend."

Shadow look so happy and honestly who wouldn't? I got so lucky to have my crush from my dreams to ask me out so of course I'm going to accept it even if we're in the middle of a crime scene.

"Sonic, explain? Please?" Scourge put his hand on my shoulder and just demand me for a context which I think he honestly deserve.

With a little bit of lie and hiding the fact that I've been having dreams about Shadow for weeks, I managed to give a clear explanation to him and he actually gets it.

"Shadow, we need to wrap up." The female bat flew by.

"Alright, I really need to go. You two head home now, okay? And stay safe."

We both agreed and finally decided to go home. Although I sound like I'm already recovered, I'm not. Today's incident doesn't erase the fact that Scourge and I almost got killed. That was still the most terrifying experience I've ever had and I'm glad I survived it with Scourge.

Hopefully the campus will take serious action from all this and add more security systems because there's no way we want to let that ever happen again.

Today's incident will probably be up on the news so I better text Tails that I'm okay.

..
..

"I WISH I WAS THERE FOR YOU! I'M SO SORRY I COULDN'T HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING! YOU WERE SO BRAVE TO FACE THE BAD GUYS!" Tails cried.