Boden addresses everyone in the room, "I expect everybody to pitch in, once again show this neighborhood how important they are to us."

They all no, "You got it, Chief."

Nicole heads up to the locker room to grab her water bottle out of her locker, where she sees Matt grabbing her tool box, "Hello, my husband. What are you fixing?"

"The furnace so that my beautiful wife can stay warm," Matt smiles, leaning down to kiss her, "What are you doing?"

"I left my water bottle in here. Christine called, said that she's probably gonna be bringing Ember here for the night. Apparently, Ember was crying for us and really missed us."

"Good. I miss her little face," Matt says, grabbing his tool box, "I'm gonna go fix the furnace for everyone."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Nicole carriers Ember over to the rig where Shay and Rafferty were doing inventory, "Got room for two more?"

Shay smiles at the toddler, "For little Ember? Always."

Climbing into the back, Nicole sets Ember in her lap and takes one of the clip boards to help with inventory when Boden comes over to them and handing each of them a warm drink, "How's that pedestrian that you guys ran to Chicago Med?"

"She coded twice on the way. Doctors said it was doubtful she'd survive the night," Nicole sighs, bouncing Ember slightly.

"But in case you're wondering, the drunk that hit her is gonna be just fine," Shay comments, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah," Boden says quietly, nodding before walking away.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole walks through the bunk room, carrying Ember as she points at all the different areas before they stumble upon Matt coming out of his office, "And here's daddy. WE all know you want him more than any of us."

Ember proves her point by almost leaping into Matt's arms, him smiling as she clings to his neck, "Hello, my darling. You gonna spend the nigh here with mommy and daddy?" He chuckles when Ember lets out an excited squeal, "I'd say she is. Hey, do you have an aspirin?"

"Why? Is your head-" Nicole starts to ask, worried.

"It's just a headache. Everyone gets them," Matt smiles, trying to ease her worries.

"Yeah, I've got some in my purse."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole leaves Ember with Matt so he can show her off as she goes searching for her brother, who she finds patrolling the halls, "Hey, Kel, remember when I asked you what was wrong with Matt? Well, it's time you told me because he was just complaining of a headache."

Kelly sighs, deciding to tell the truth, "He says he's fine but I'm not so sure. His memory's...off."

"How off? Like, forgetting basic things or forgetting random things?"

"Uh, he told me he couldn't remember the two days before or after the accident. He needed help writing the report and then he couldn't remember where his tool box was, and we were fixing the furnace and he forgot the name of the crescent wrench," Kelly explains.

"Okay, the memory problems from around the time of the accident aren't unusual or anything to worry too much about. But the tool box and tool names? Kelly, Matt's life has basically three parts: Ember and I, firefighting, and construction. How long have you known he's had memory issues?"