Chapter 37. Heartache.

Start from the beginning

"Iruma is gone!" Asmodeus screamed.

Opera who was in the background then ran up to the door. Kalego then opened it further. "What do you mean he's gone?" Kalego asked.

"Theres blood on the floor and the window is open!" Asmodeus said panickedly. Opera then pushed Kalego away from the door, stepping out of the house. "Show me." He demanded, afraid the worst had happened. They already tried to kidnap him once. If they succeeded then..

He would have failed Iruma again.

Asmodeus then ran back, Opera running after him, with Kalego following the both of them, running in his heels, pulling his skirt up like a princess. If not for the fact Iruma might be kidnapped, or worse dead, Opera would have made fun of him.

Eventually they got back to the estate. Opera pulled the door open while Asmodeus showed them the bathroom. "Here." He said, panting. Opera's face turned pale. An unused toothbrush, blood splatters and an open window.

He was gone.

Opera had failed, again. He wanted to curse himself out. Every single time he fails Iruma. At school, at home and now on a trip. If only he had looked better or had just convinced Sullivan that a trip wasn't a good idea.. then maybe Iruma would have been alright.

And now he may be dead.

Luckily for them and unluckily for Iruma, Kiriwo was already nearby. In the time that Asmodeus used to search for Iruma, Kiriwo had already made Iruma sleep again.

He used a drug instead of a spell, mostly because he doesn't have enough mana, but also because he likes drugging Iruma better.

Kiriwo was carrying his body back to the estate. He caressed Iruma as if he were a treasure to him. His hands wrapped tightly around him.

He had a hood on, he made sure of that. It was close to 4.45 am now, and the sun would already be up early in the morning. Around 5 am would be the time the sun came shining trough, so he had to hurry. Eventually he got close to the estate, a drugged Iruma in his hands.

He got there, not knowing that others were watching him approach trough the window. Opera held Asmodeus quiet as they hurdled around the window, trying to peek at what the cloaked figure would do. Kalego wasn't having any fun. He hurdled close to the window too, reluctant to do so. He knew it was no time to be annoyed however, and ignored the feeling. He kept looking at how the figure approached the window. He looked up, the shadow of the cloak covering his eyes. He then went another way, and walked right past the window. Kalego sighed.

Kiriwo had no idea how to climb up the window, so he went to the back entrance, or well, the door. He then placed Iruma's body there, looking at him.

"You know, Iruma~" He said, the others steadily approaching. He sat down next to his body, on the steps. "You asked me why I hurt you, and I've thought about it the whole time.. I think hurt you because I love y-

He then got cut off by the sound of the door opening and ran away, the body of Iruma slowly falling in the doorway. Opera immediately grabbed his unconscious body, checking his vitals. He then slightly shook Iruma. "Iruma? Can you hear me?"

He gave no response. Asmodeus was looking at Iruma in a panick. He heard the voice. He knew who it was. He had been taken away from him this time. Almost gone forever. He almost died today and even got kidnapped. Asmodeus was incredibly happy that he was back, but the panicking wouldn't stop. He tried taking deep breaths but they wouldn't work. His hands were shaking and his eyes watering.

Kalego noticed Asmodeus was panicking and put his hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, he's fine. I'm still alive after all. If he is dying I would know."

"Of course you would, you are his familiar." Opera said, trying to brighten the mood a bit, making kalego mad. "But yeah, it seems he is fine. He is probably under some kind of spell or drug however."

Opera then pulled Iruma up, bringing him to his room and layed him on his bed. He then saw the bed and knew. 'These two slept together.'

He sighed.

'I guess I should teach Iruma sex education. Especially when Asmodeus is the kid of the head of lust.'

Asmodeus followed Opera into the room. Opera placed Iruma in the bed. "If you want you can resume sleeping with him. If not I'll be monitoring him from the chair."

Asmodeus nodded, slightly, Opera seemed to understand. He then left the room, closing the door behind him. Opera sighed again. He felt like shit. Kalego then pulled him out of the house, closing the door. "Can we finally get back to playing chess now?" He asked.

"I'll just call Sullivan first. You can make the report, after that send it to border control." He said, looking dissapointed.

Iruma had to go back to the human world. It was far too dangerous for him to stay here. Opera knew. He just didn't want him gone. He liked taking care of Iruma, and so did Sullivan.

He would now call Sullivan to talk about it. Either way, they were not going to comply with the threats again. If they did, it wouldn't be long before Iruma was dead.

"Im sorry, Iruma. This is for your own safety."

Asmodeus was now in bed with Iruma, overthinking everything. Iruma was almost taken away from him again. He wrapped his arms and hands around Iruma, putting his head on his chest. Tears slowly made their way down his face he sobbed. Iruma could hear him. He just wasn't able to move. He already knew what had happened, and wanted to comfort his friend. But he wasn't able to.

He had to listen to Asmodeus cry endlessly on his body. He could feel him shaking. If he could he would have hugged him, comforted him and maybe even told him a part of what happened. But he couldn't. All he could do was listen. Listen to sobs, listen to cries and even listen to him saying things. Things like "Please don't leave me." and things like "I don't want to live without you."

It broke his heart into a thousand little pieces. It was too much for him. He had hurt him, worried him. And all he could think was..

"If I was never here to begin with, maybe everyone would have been happy. Maybe its better if im gone. Then I won't be able to hurt anyone anymore."

And with that, this chapter ends.

---

---

---

The story isn't over yet!! Other than that I have nothing to report.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'd love to see you again! (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)

Also, leme know how your day was!! I honestly just wana chat with someone.

--31 may