Chapter 8

(Lancelot's POV)

The night ended and the day comes. Including today, it has been 10 days since I reincarnated into this world. That means I have about 20 days to live if I did nothing to cure the poison inside me.

After sending the prince off, I spent more of my time riding my horse and exploring the fief. While I was exploring the farmland, I noticed that most of the dead lands were already buried with the new soil that I have advised the farmers to make. And for some reason, there are more people in the farmland than usual. Are they all of the townsfolk?

...No way right?

"Right, there is no way they would go all out just to heed this tyrant's advice."

I nodded, trying to convince myself.

When I reached the end of my fief, I realised that the figures that I saw on the first day of my reincarnation weren't here. Did they perhaps regroup? They never mention anything about Lancelot being guarded by the royalty in the novel so I'm kinda anxious about them.

By the way, the progress of the research for the cure of the poison is progressing steadily. I got to know that the royal researchers had used all of the ingredients that this continent have but still to no avail.

But did you forget? I am a reincarnator so I know exactly how to cure the Miragela poison hohoho~

At first, I was wondering what Miragela poison actually is because they never mentioned it in the novel. But of course I won't remember Miragela poison because they were replaced with the name 'Spell of Miran' in the second novel where the MC had been poisoned by Miragela and the first prince became the leading character in that novel by venturing to the south continent to find the cure. The prince was from the south so they also uncover the first prince's past in the second novel.

I remember myself crying in happiness when the author decided to publish a book where the first prince is the MC and was among the first buyer when the hard copy had finally out for sale. Because, the first prince is my crush after all!

Though, I remembered the ingredients were hard to find as it was located in three other continents and the last ingredients is "The pure-hearted's blood." Which was the MC, Cecilia Istvan's blood.

But I can't enter the capital or even get close to Cecilia so what am I supposed to do? I do remember me accompanying Avery to attend the ball in my last few days, but by that time if I failed, it will certainly be a game over for me.

I pondered for ways to sucessfully get her blood somehow for the cure to be successful until the dinnertime.

"Is something the matter, Master?"

Taylor asked in concern. He was preparing to serve my dinner when he noticed that I was in a daze.

I shook my head.

"No, its just, I'm thinking about the antidote for the poison and ways to procure it."

"...I see." Taylor smiled secretly.

"Master, I have a suggestion."

I perked my gaze to him. "Hmm?"

"How about doing some exercise?"

At first, I thought this old butler is probably mad, but one thing I realized after I reincarnated inside this world is that I didn't utilize my legs efficiently enough because I was busy with the study of the antidote. "...!"

Upon hearing those idea, my eyes glinted.

***