Chapter 17

- Mrs. Gray -

••January 30, 2013••

"So, you know where she is?" I pressed, hearing Shannon's thin little voice mumble over the phone, barely heard over the loud rain hitting the car window.

"Give me the phone, Shannon," a male voice said, apparently grabbing the phone out of her hands from the sudden rustling over the line.

"Hello ma'am, this is Liam Payne. What was your question?" the man inquires firmly.

"Liam Payne, from One Direction?" I asked, puzzled. How did Shannon get in contact with Liam Payne? I shook my head and smiled. I knew it was a good idea to have Shannon working for me. She had the money and time to find these celebrities without my lifting a finger to help her. It was nice.

But instead of answering the line just stayed silent, waiting for me to answer. I quickly responded, "I am looking for my daughter, Faith Gray."

"Oh my God." Liam's voice mumbled through the reception.

"Gemma Style's home," I could hear Shannon yell.

"Bloody idiot," Liam shouted, but I had heard all that I needed. I hung up the phone, placing the Blackberry onto my lap, comfortable for the first time. I let out a long sigh. She didn't understand how much stress this put on me. I probably lost a few years of my life because of this!

"Zayn, sweetie?" I turned around to face the back seats, smiling my most charming smile. I was tired of chasing my baby around. It had to end, for both Faith's health and mine.

"What's up?" Zayn replied, not looking up from his phone.

"Take me to Gemma Styles's home."

He looked up from his phone. His dark brown eyes looked straight into mine.

"You're keeping our deal, right?" he confirms in a low tone.

"Of course," I retorted. "When I make a promise, I never, ever, break it. But you had better remember your promise to pretend."

"Let's pretend," he scoffs, glaring fiercely at me, but simply looks back down at his phone, nodding slightly.

- Faith -

••January 31, 2013••

"Thanks for the invite!" Aria dropped her black purse on the couch, followed by a young boy, about the age five. His hair was the same colour as Aria's but a bit lighter. A blonder colour. He smiled, waving at me, making my lips immediately pull into a smile.

"I wanted to get to know you better, so I had Harry call you," I explained, getting up and embracing her warmly.

"That explains it! I haven't gotten a single call from that curly headed boy for years! I knew it had to be for some odd reason." She smiled, taking a seat across from me and casually folding her hands on her lap.

I couldn't help but let my mind fly back to why Harry seemed to feel so uncomfortable around her. It was odd. Did he hate her? I hadn't known Harry Styles for very long, but it was obvious her presence scared him.

"Auntie," the little boy's raspy voice nervously said loudly, leaning towards Aria as if he was whispering. "I need to use the loo."

She smiled, nodding. "Is it okay if he uses the restroom?" she asked, turning her head towards me.

"Oh–," I turned around, looking at the bathroom door. "Sure, I guess." It wasn't my house so it wasn't really my call, but how was I supposed to tell this poor kid that he couldn't use the bathroom? I watched him jump over the sofa towards the door, leaving Aria and I alone.