Chapter 4

Here is Chapter 4! This chapter explains E V E R Y T H I N G so you should no longer be super confused, haha. Enjoy! C:

-Faith-

••December 24, 2012••

(The day Faith called Niall)

I dumped out all of my jewelry from my drawers onto my bed. I was cleaning my room for the past week, going through all of my drawers. I loved cleaning and organizing my stuff even though mother always scolded me and told me that our maid would do it for me. I don't listen to her as much as I use to. I was growing apart from her and I don't know why. She was just so formal and I slowly understood that I just couldn't enjoy life like that. Did I use to like going to the formal parties and business groupings that I am forced to go to every few days?

I sighed as I ran my hand through the pile of jewelry that I never wore. I disliked jewelry. My mother usually made me wear them to look "prettier". She also told me that earrings would make my hair look better-not that anything could make my hair look better.

I picked up a few pieces of jewelry and stared at it. It was definitely expensive... not that I cared. I rummaged through the jewelry that I didn't want. And there it was, the small little key that my uncle had given me a months ago. That was the first and last time I'd seen my uncle. My mother despised him and she often ignored phone calls from him.

I picked up the small silver key into the palm of my hand. I had completely forgotten about it. I fidgeted with it for a while wondering why my uncle had secretly handed this to me. It was like it leaded to something that my mother must have not wanted me to see.

And that's when it hit me.

The key had little engraved letters. Two simple letters.

"F & A"

I've seen these letters before.

I slid off my queen-sized bed and quickly made my self towards the far back of my huge bedroom where there was a little door that was covered by my chest of drawers. It was like a storage room to mother and I, though I was not allowed to go into it.

I pushed the heavy piece of furniture out of my way with all my might. It slid on the white carpet silently. And there it was-just like we'd left it. The small door that lead to the boxes and boxes of things that I've never looked through. The door creaked as I pushed it open as quietly as I could. The inside was very dark and stuffy. I walked inside immediately coughing from all the dust.

I knew exactly what I was looking for because it had fascinated me in the past. It caught my attention so much that I had remembered the engraving on it. The box with the same engraved F & A on it as the key.

The mildly heavy little wooden box was resting on top of three other boxes. I rapidly picked it up and blew off some of the dust that covered it as I walked back into my room.

I dropped it on my soft bed covers and pushed the chest of drawers back into original state, so it covered the door.

I let out a long sigh of relief from my successful journey without getting caught by my mother. My head throbbed from all the activity.

I tried to ignore the pain as I slid the key into the tiny silver keyhole, turning it with caution. It made a little click noise indicating that it had unlocked.

I pushed the lid off and looked at the contents of the heavy wooden box. It was full of letter-like papers and hundreds of pictures. It seemed to have everything from my past life. The happy life, I suppose.