Chapter 13

-Harry-
••January 25, 2013•• 

"It's my Mother," Faith said, looking down at her phone.  She was instantly pale with utter shock.  

"She doesn't know I have this number.  Uncle James must have told her." She looked at her phone again, then up at me with a "help me" expression.  

"Do you want me to answer it?" I asked, getting up from the leather couch in my flat, extending my hand for the phone, but she just shook her head.

"If you answer it they'll be mad, but if it's me, well, they’re expecting me," she sighed, "Maybe it won’t be so bad." 

I opened my mouth to disagree and take the phone but she had already clicked the answer button and pressed the phone to her ear, biting her lower lip.

"Mother?" she started timidly, as she listened to the answer that I couldn't hear at all.  

I sat back down, folding my arms, waiting for her to finish so she could tell me what was going on.  My right leg bounced in anxiety as I sat there watching her face soften.  

What was going on?  What was Mrs. Gray telling Faith?  I sat there wondering and waiting, watching her occasionally nodding to herself.  Though of course the other line couldn't see her nod.  

"Tomorrow?" she clarified in a weak voice, speaking for the first time in about three minutes.  "That's so soon… You can't someho–" She stopped speaking, listening to the other person looking stricken.  I could imagine what was being said. 

Was her Mother forcing her back home?  Of course she was.  If she could get ahold of Faith that was definitely what she would tell her.  

"Okay," Faith replied softly before she hung up the phone, letting it drop to the floor as she sat down next to me.  She rested her head on my shoulder and shut her eyes before speaking.  

"My Mother is coming to England," she explained as tears rolled down her cheeks, silently.  "She's taking me back…I can't go back to Uncle James's house now!" 

"Do you need a place to stay?" I blurted out without thought.  

"I couldn't," she answered quickly, pulling herself up off the couch.  "Thank you, but I've already dragged you into too much of my mess." She forced a smile as she picked up her bag and phone that was left on the floor.  "Thank you for everything." she said, walking towards the door.  

Like she knew where she was going?!  I got up, grabbing her hand.  "You're staying here, and that's final." I pulled her back into the flat.  She didn't argue, she just laughed and followed me back into the flat. 

-Harry-
••January 26, 2013••

“You’re really quiet,” I said walking into the small guest room with both of my hands stuffed into my pockets, giving a small smile to Faith, who was sitting on the edge of the bed. “I haven’t met such a quiet girl in years.  Most of the girls scream and–,” I stopped myself, seeing how sad she looked. “Never mind." 

I sat down in the chair across from the bed. She was obviously still upset about her mother coming to find her.  I couldn’t blame her.  I knew Mrs. Gray well enough to know that she was freaking scary.  I would probably go mental if I had a mother like Faith’s.

“Thank you again for the room,” she murmured, playing with her shoulder length, dark hair.

“It’s cool.  Seriously,” I told her for what felt like the hundredth time.  “You don’t need to thank me.”