"Yes, grandmother," Marinette agreed in the same robotic voice she has been using around her grandparents. Adrien didn't think he would ever get used to it. It just sounded so unnatural.

Mrs. Cheng sighed, "If only Bridgette were here. She could show you the areas where you lack and failed to succeed. She is the picture of perfection while you have a broken frame."

Marinette broke from her neutral state for a moment and glared at Mrs. Cheng with a heated gaze. Marinette was sick and tired of being compared with her extraordinary cousin, Bridgette.

Oh so perfect, Bridgette! She could do nothing wrong just like the mayor with his daughter. They could get away with anything and be blameless while everyone else paid the price.

Marinette didn't say a word and made her way to the door. There was no point in arguing unless she wanted to face the severe consequences. Consequences she has been trying for years and years to not make a reality. Even if it means that she has to deal with her grandmother all that time.

   It all has to be worth it. All the years living under her grandma's roof. All the backlash, misery, fear, and insecurities.

   Right? It was worth it?

   It must be. It has to be.

   After all, she is doing this all for her family. The ones she has only known for three years and hopefully more. She didn't just waste her life away learning to be something that only dragged her down. Someone she didn't even want to be!

   "Yes..." Marinette thought, clenching her hands.

   "This...this is worth it."

   A worried Sabine and Adrien followed in Marinette's steps. The blonde knew he was going to have a talk with his crush.

   This was a good time to do so when her grandparents aren't breathing down her shoulder. (Although, they don't have to be in Marinette's presence to do so.)

   Adrien walked slightly faster to join at Marinette's side. The bluebell-eyed teen was lost in her thoughts, troubled by whatever was going through her head. Adrien wanted to silence the chaos in her mind, even if just for a moment.

   He locked his arm with hers, startling Marinette out of her daze. Marinette looked up at him in surprise as he returned it with a determined smile. He winked at her; a silent reassurance that he was still at her side through the thick and thin of things.

   Marinette returned the gesture with an unsure smile. Adrien wavered for a moment but kept his optimism high.

   For the sake of Marinette, he would be her pillar of hope and encouragement. He will help Marinette accomplish this mission. There was no room for failure.

   "Don't worry, Marinette," Adrien thought, "After today, there are only two days left and we'll be home free. Then, we can joke about how outdated her grandparents are and maybe...maybe I can finally ask her to that dance."

{+}{+}{+}

   "So...what exactly do we do?" Adrien whispered into Marinette's ear. Sabine was talking to one of the workers while the two teens waited at the entrance.

   "We just have to hang out with them. You know, play games and just talk with them. They do say some interesting things," Marinette instructed.

   "Yeah, I'm sure baking some bread or knitting a sweater is a very interesting topic," Adrien bluntly said.

   "While they do talk about those things, you underestimate what they have done in their lives. They have quite the stories to tell," Marinette replied.