"Is that it?" he asks, and Harriet nods, though she could hear how he was caught up on the 'spell users' part. Do the wizards not know about mutants? She could tell that they were a little cut off from the world, considering the Dursley's reluctance to tell everyone in the neighborhood to further make a pariah out of Harriet, but she didn't think they were that cut off. 

She bites her cheek, unsure of whether to add this, but does so anyway. "I know my mom was a witch, my dad too - er, a wizard, I guess. I, um, have dreams about her."

This gets Logan's attention, and he looks at her sharply. "Have you discussed that with Charles, kid?"

"No."

The goblin looks between them, intrigued. "You've had dreams, Heir Potter? Like a Seer?"

"Can we move on? I'd rather talk more about my family, if you don't mind," she puffs, clearly put out by the sudden interrogation. She'd tell Charles about her collective abilities when she wanted to, and she had a feeling he already knew anyway. He was a telepath, after all. 

Grakok looked sheepish, coughing twice before apologizing. "Yes, Heir Potter, my apologies. Where were we?" He flicked through a few different stacks of the not-paper, setting a few rolled up ones into a bin next to the desk. He sets his glasses back onto his long nose, squinting at the information in front of him. "Ah, yes, magical guardian. When your parents were killed, Albus Dumbledore appointed himself your magical guardian and put you into the custody of...one Petunia Dursely neé Evans, sister to your mother."

"But," Harriet frowned, "if he was my guardian, why'd he hand me off to my relatives?"

"That is the question, isn't it, Heir Potter?" Grakok sighs, giving a roll of his eyes and a distasteful snarl. "Albus Dumbledore is a menace to wizarding society, but he is a powerful menace, do you understand? I could go into a very long rant about what Dumbledore hasn't done for wizard and creaturekind, but that would be unprofessional, and very tiresome. Albus Dumbledore does what he pleases because he was the olde ties and the blackmail to be able to do so. You're better off asking him yourself when you become a student."

"A student?" Logan and Harriet asked at the same time, sharing a glance before looking back at the goblin. They were both under the impression that Harriet was attending school at the mansion, where she'd learn to master her mutancy. 

The teller raises an eyebrow at them. "At Hogwarts? You are attending aren't you? You're a witch."

"I'm a what? Is that even possible?" Turning to Logan, who only shrugs, just as surprised as she was. 

"Thats a Wheels question, he's the smart one," is his response, and Harriet sticks her tongue out at his unhelpfulness, making him roll his eyes, though the smile on his face told her everything she needed to know. 

"Possible?" Grakok echoes. "What do you mean, Heir Potter? You're father was a pureblood wizard and your mother a muggleborn, there was very little chance you would be born without magic."

Pureblood? Saying pureblood meant that there was some kind of aristocratic society in the wizarding world, and - more importantly - it meant that Harriet had family out there. Pureblood lines were always skewed and twisted because of incest in the olde days, as Grakok referred to it, and so the Potter blood would realistically be spread out over the country. 

Unable to contain herself, she asks, "Does that mean that I have living family?"

Blinking, the goblin searches though the collection of not-paper, the word finally popping up in his thoughts as parchment, and handing over to her. She had to walk from the comfortable chair to get it, and she unfurled it as she sat back down, looking at all of the faces that shared her blood. There was only one face she recognized, and she was related to him and his family through a blood adoption by Sirius Black, whatever that meant, and by the word INCARCERATED written directly below it, she had a feeling she wouldn't be meeting him to ask anytime soon.  

She knew what the adoption part meant, that much made sense; he adopted her. But, why? It had to have been when her parents were still alive, and why would they let someone adopt her when they were right there? Maybe the blood part meant he shed blood for her? 

"Lucius Malfoy? We met him in the lobby; we're related?" She asks, handing the parchment back to Grakok and letting him verify, thinking back to his words from earlier. Would it be too soon to owl him after this meeting?

"It would seem so; the Malfoy's are a very influential family, rivaling Dumbledore's carefully built net of connections," he started, "There is also another thing you have to understand about the wizarding world, Heir Potter. Wizardkind has put themselves into these magical boxes of light magic and dark magic, but in reality, there is no such thing. Dumbledore, you could say, is the leader of the light side, and the Malfoy's are prominent figures on the dark side. There is no right or wrong, and both are more similar than they'd like to think they are."

Harriet nodded, understanding that her choice in who to trust would affect her for the rest of her life. It was clear to her though, no matter how bad this Lucius man seemed to be, he came to her. Whatever his prejudice was against her, because she could see that there was one, he put it aside and invited her to befriend his son. Dumbledore gave her to Petunia and Vernon when he could have easily done the job of raising her himself, or entrusted her into the care of someone he trusted, someone who didn't hate magic and would treat Harriet like a human being. 

Lucius Malfoy would be receiving a letter, that was a fact. 

bleghhhhhhhhhhh finally got this out, I had to rewrite it so it took forever

15/6