____

Next day, cafe down the street:
I'm sitting at the table, legs shaking. They're shaking so bad that it's moving the table with it.

The chair in front of me gets scooted out, and a lady sits down, "are you Kia?" she asks.

I look up and it feels like Geo is looking at me.

"Y-yes, hi. I'm Kia. Kia Wayan. I was just here to ask you about Geo." I say.

She takes a deep breath, "I love my son, believe me. I didn't want to leave him but his father left me no choice. He told me I could either leave, or he'd kill Geo. You don't know how powerful he is. He has this... job and it gives him power."

"He runs a mafia." I clear up the words she's sugarcoating.

"How do you know?" she asks, worried.

"My last name doesn't ring a bell? My father is his father's enemy. They've been going at it for years."

"Your father is Tyrese Wayan?" she asks in a whisper.

"Yes. And I was dating Geo. But I left him. I left everyone."

"Why? What happened?"

"I was in the way. I caused so much trouble for everyone and I-I just had to leave. It's like I was all that mattered to him, and don't get me wrong; I love that. I loved how he was so protective of me but his love for me could get him killed one day."

"I get it. Is he okay?" she asks.

"Not anymore... not after I left. I hope he ends up okay. It's better if everyone in Jubilee just forgets about me, you know? I wasn't doing anything useful so it's probably best I stay away."

She nods: not in an agreeable way, but just to show she's listening. "How about we go for a walk? There's this store right around the corner I wanted to check out." she smiles.

She seems harmless...

"Yeah, okay. Let's go," we get up and leave.

____

We went and we bonded really well. She gave me her number so her and I could talk more later. We ended up ending our hangout at an ice cream shop, and now I'm on my way back home. I cut through the alleyway because it was faster, but as soon as I get to the end, three guys come from around the corner.

"Whoa. Back up," I say.

"Come peacefully." he smiles. He only has 2 teeth left. The other 30 must've got punched out.

"No, dude. Stay your ass' back, or I'll scream." I begin to back up slowly.

"Scream and we'll kill you,"

Fuck. This is like the third time shit like this happened to me.

I turn around and start to book it, but I wasn't fast enough. They caught up immediately and they use Chloroform on me. Black.

____

I wake up, tied to a chair... for the second time. These people have absolutely nothing better to do other than kidnap bitches. Like, seriously?

The door opens and that toothless guy walks in, "good morning, sunshine. How are you?" he smiles.

He's white, but his skin is filled with dirt. So much it almost makes him look black... not the race black, but actual, literal black... charcoal.

"You're a bitch." I say.

"Mhm. Do you know who I am?" he asks.

"Let me guess. You're from the South? Daddy and them must've let one of you bastards slip out," I scoff.