15. Quirk Apprehension Test

Start from the beginning

Izuku: *laughs* "S-sorry!"

The ball touched ground and Aizawa showed the distance on his device.

Aizawa: "All of you need to know your maximum capabilities. It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a Pro Hero."

*Class 1-A collective gasp*

Lightning-Haired Kid: "708 meters, are you kidding me?"

Pink Girl: "I wanna go! That looks like fun!"

Elbow Kid: "This is what I'm talkin'
about, using our Quirks as much as we want!"

Elbow Kid: "This is what I'm talkin'about, using our Quirks as much as we want!"

Aizawa: "... So this looks fun, huh? You have only three years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and play time?"

Class 1-A: ...

Aizawa: *smirks* "Idiots. Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

Class 1-A: "What?!"

(Y/n): *heavy eye roll* 'He went and made it lame...'

Aizawa was looking directly at Izuku with a creepy grin and stare, and the freckled boy could practically feel the intense pressure beating down on him.

Izuku: 'Immediate expulsion? Eight tests? I can only use One For All at either zero or 100 percent right now. I don't have any control yet...'

The teacher then turned to (L/n) with a frown and a challenging look that the taller male did not catch. If (Y/n) did catch it, Aizawa thought, then he was not intimidated in the slightest.

Aizawa: "... Like I said, I get
to decide how this class runs. Understand? If that's a problem for any of you, you can head home right now."

After an initial feeling of dread, the students for the most part took Aizawa's declaration as motivation, but both Izuku and (Y/n) inwardly panicked, except (Y/n) was the one able to keep a cool face.

Izuku: 'A huge test on the first day of school? What am I gonna do?!'

(Y/n): 'What is Midoriya gonna do? If he can only use his new power once, then he just has to rely on what he can do for the rest. That should be enough, but if not then...'

Uraraka: "You can't send one of us home! I mean, we just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!"

Aizawa: "Oh, and you think natural disasters are?"

(Y/n): !

Aizawa: "Or power‐hungry villains? Accidents that wipe out whole cities?
This world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try to combat that unfairness. To make it here, you're gonna push yourself to the brink; for three years, U.A. will be throwing one hardship after another at you. So go beyond. Plus-Ultra‐style. Show me it's no mistake that you're here!"