To his Knees

A year passed and to say that there was peace would be a straight up lie.

Rose POV
————————
Nicholas panted on the sofa his limbs sprawled everywhere, "I'd rather be on a battle field."

His wife, Maria nodded wordlessly. Exhausted from chasing the kids and her childish husband.

I shook my head, "Mr. Nicholas you are acting more like a child, than I am."

His wife snorted and Nicholas gave me the most offended face, "Excuse you! Mr? I am not that old, young lady!"

I laughed, "Of course not,"

He grinned and winked at his wife, "I can still get it up,"

She shoved him hard and I felt confused, "I don't get it,"

"You will when you're older," he said as he rubbed his bum that hit the ground hard.

"Did you enjoy today?" Maria asked while rubbing her husbands shoulders.

I nodded, "I enjoyed riding today, the horses are so nice."

I miss home. I wanted to add that but, it would've ruined the mood.

Right now many high ranking nobles are dying and yesterday my sister was poisoned. My brother is already gone, he died in an accident with my parents.

"How... is," I licked my chapped lips, "How are they?"

They both froze, "Well... your sister is recovering right now, and your grandmother feels fine."

I nodded. I wouldn't ask to contact them, I already know the answer.

If anyone finds out that I'm staying here, I'd only put myself and the Snow White's in danger.

"Thank you,"

Nicholas rubbed my head, "No problem kiddo,"

Then the most disgusting, horrifying, terrifying creature came!

Really it makes babies cry!

"Mom!" Hawk jumped into his mom's arms.

Yes, Hawk is the most awful creature. The way he took down a monster was because it ran away after seeing his hideous face.

"Mom! Rose is staring again!" He let out an awful whine. I'm surprised the windows didn't crack.

"Now, now, Hawk she was just looking at your pretty face."

"I'm not pretty!" He frowned stamping his foot.

"That's one thing we can agree on." I shot back making his father laugh.

"I hate your guts Rose Cinderella!"

"I hate yours too!"

"Both of you, that's not nice! Apologize!" Maria said crossing her arms.

We both sighed, an unhappy Maria is an unhappy kingdom.

"Sorry." We both said at the same time.

Maria nodded, "Good now go play! Hawk play nicely,"

I smirked at him and he stuck out his tongue.

"You too, Rose."

The adults pushed us out of the room and slammed the door shut.

"Follow me." He grumbled.

"I still hate you." I whispered to him as I followed him.

Finally we reached the playroom. A large sign hung on the door.

NO GIRLS ALLOWED

We glanced at each other, holding eye contact as our eyes narrowed.

Then we both bolted to the door.

He pushed me into a small table with flowers. The vase shattered and I slipped on water falling on my bum.

Then I heard a loud slam. I looked to see that Hawk had already made it it. A click sounded too. He locked me out.

I clenched my fist. "Oww!" I yelped and saw the porcelain stuck in my hands.

Red pooled out of my hands and arms combing with the water.

"I hate you Hawk!" I yelled through the halls.

They echoed as I left to go to the infirmary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my, what happened your Highness?" Nurse Mia asked as I entered the office.

The sterilized clean room came to sight.

She quickly gestured for me to sit on the white cot.

She rushed to grab items to clean my cuts.

I started to flex my fingers and loosen them, a dark red drop started to bead on my pinky finger.

I flexed my finger again and let the drop of blood trickle down the finger onto the white bedspread.

The bright red contrasted against the pristine white. Making me wonder if Queen Snow White's mother was entranced with the blood or craved blood.

I know I crave Hawk's blood.

That boy just loves to get on my nerves.

One day he'll be begging on his knees for his mercy- he'll be begging me!

I smile, "I'll bring him to his knees, I swear."

_____________________________________

Wow, it's been awhile with this book!
I almost forgot about it.

Well, hope you all enjoyed this chapter! See you in the next one!