"Dad! It's Kiri!"

Jake jogged outside and took his daughter from his arms. His heart was beating so fast and hard he thought it would stop under all the pressure. He laid his daughter next to his wife and the rest of his kids ran into their home. Neytiri was pacing back and forth, trying to ease her nerves. First her mate and now her daughter.

Jake had already called Norm and they were on their way.

"Mama! What happened?" Liia ran and held her mom's hand. She already felt tears welling up in her eyes.

Neytiri hugged her close to her chest.

"It's going to be okay. Trust me."

Norm and Max had just arrived and had an IV connected to both Nayliä and Kiri.

"There's no bleeding, no fractures. Both brains look good."

Jake was crouched next to his mate as both scientists checked them over.

"And the baby? Are they okay?"

Norm looked at his machines before nodding his head.

"The baby is strong and healthy. I believe they may only need about two or three more months to grow."

Jake felt a weight leave his shoulders at the news his unborn child was okay.

Ronal had a basket filled with what she would need. She entered, only to see these things, connected to both the mother, daughter duo. She glared and turned to Neytiri.

"Remove these things from my sister and niece."

Neytiri was more than happy to let Ronal help instead.

"Out! You have done nothing!"

Jake helped them remove their tools and machines and carried them outside.

Ronal nodded and then kneeled next to Kiri. She would work on the child first. Before she could even begin her ritual, Nayliä's arm twitched and touched Kiri's.

The group watched as a light seemed to glow between their bodies, where they were touching. It made their freckles light up and pulse in waves.

Ronal had never seen something like this and couldn't take her eyes off it. She forced herself to look away and began to work.

"She said she could feel Eywa and hear her heartbeat."

"That's classic frontal lobe epilepsy."

Jake was in disbelief. "Epilepsy?"

"Plugging into the tree was some kind of trigger. You definitely can't let her do that again."

"But that doesn't make any sense. Why would Nayliä seize as well?"

"I don't know. Maybe they have some type of connection. Have you noticed anything abnormal between them?

Jake thought back to the day he saw them glow where they touched.

"When they touched, a light glowed between them. It was golden and they didn't notice it."

"That's strange, I've never heard of something like that before. But until we figure it out you can't let either of them connect to the spirit tree."

Jake's eyes widened and he felt a sick feeling fill his heart. Never connect to Eywa? That was like talking away the life of a Na'vi. Taking away their purpose.