As if she had spoken them into existence, they ran over and checked both their mate and son over.

"He's okay, just a few scratches."

Jake didn't listen to her words and grabbed the back of her neck. He placed his forehead against hers and placed his other hand on her belly. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. They were both okay.

Neytiri was busy scolding their son. "I pray that Eywa gives me the strength to not pluck the eyes out from my youngest son!" She made the motions with her hand and hissed at him.

Tonowari stepped forward, "No. My son knows better than to take him outside the reef. The blame is his."

Ronal glared harshly at her son and he got the memo before walking towards the upset family. He stopped in front of Nayliä then got on one knee. He bowed his head and looked at the sand. "I am truly sorry for leaving your son. My actions were childish and unforgivable."

Nayliä stared at him for a while before bending down to his level.

"Raise your head, child. You are to be future Olo'eyktan, so you must carry yourself as one. Own up to your mistakes with pride."

Ao'nung felt himself freeze in shock as he was expecting way more vile words than what he received.

"I will forgive this once because you are young yourself and still learning. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness," she leaned in close to his ear and whispered quietly so no one but him would hear, "Hurt my children again and I will have your head. Child or not."

She wasn't one for threatening kids, but she knew he was old enough to know right from wrong.

Ao'nung was too afraid to speak but nodded his head. She nodded back to him and stood up.

Ronal placed a hand on her shoulder.

"My sister, I am so sorry for this. Rest assured, he will be severely punished."

Lo'ak felt bad for the teen who had yet to rise from the ground.

"Wait! It wasn't all Ao'nung's fault."

The adults faced him in confusion.

"It was my idea, he tried talking me out of it. He only left me because I ignored his warnings. I'm sorry. "

Nayliä and Ronal immediately knew he was lying. They knew their sons and their behaviors.

Jake turned to Tonowari and placed a hand on his shoulder briefly. "I'll handle this."

Neytiri guided her pregnant mate to her mat so she could finally rest. She offered her water and fruit which she gladly accepted.

Lo'ak turned to his dad and tried to explain.

"Dad, you told me to make friends with these kids. That's all I was trying to do-"

"I don't want to hear it."

Nayliä let her head drop as she knew, this time she shouldn't get involved. Even if Lo'ak was lying to cover Ao'nung, he still went past the reef on his own free will.

"You've brought shame to this family."

Nayliä and Neytiri gaped at his words in sync. Both were too shocked to say anything.

Lo'ak felt a small crack in his heart before he let his face become empty.

"Can I go now?"

Jake hardened his face even more and glared at him with a hiss escaping him, "Anymore trouble and I'll knot your tail. You read me?"