15

Giggling echoed the quarters of the captain and his wife. Said giggling was shortly followed by quiet comments of the wife's wickedness, earning yet more giggles.

It was early the next morning on the Black Pearl. No one else on the ship seemed to be awake aside from the married couple that was kept tucked away in their quarters. Nothing else in the world mattered nor existed to them as they were wrapped up in each other.

Much to Catherine's dismay, Jack was right. She definitely needed to go to sleep when she did after drinking the large bottle of rum with Elizabeth last night. Despite waking up as the sun had barely risen from the ocean's horizon, she felt herself already wide awake. Her feelings from last night still very much burning through her.

Normally Jack was not one to be an early riser unless he had to be.

But today he made an exception.

Catherine slid up Jack's bare chest, capturing his mouth with hers. Her red hair curtained around her husband's head as she lost herself in a passionate kiss. Their noses slide against each other. Jack's hands slid up her bare thighs, along her hips to wrap an arm around her waist and bury his hand in her hair. His tongue slid past her lips, twisting with her own tongue.

Pulling back the slightest, Catherine giggled against his lips. Her husband whined the slightest bit, chasing after her lips. She grinned against his mouth. "If I didn't know any better, you seem to want to keep me trapped in your arms like this," She whispered, tracing the tip of her nose over his.

Jack gave a chuckle that made his chest vibrate against hers. "That is because I do, love." He rolled them over so Catherine was underneath him. Giggles came from the woman below him as he laid on top of her, grinning at her reactions. "I am going to keep you trapped here just like this forever." He wrapped his arms around her. "My greatest treasure." His traced the tip of his nose against hers this time.

Catherine giggled some more. "No clothing I presume?" She smirked, titling her head as she looked up at him.

A wicked gleam washed over Jack's face. "Darling, that is a requirement."

Rolling her eyes playfully, Catherine chuckled, teasingly sliding her foot against Jack's calf. She took in how he looked laying on top of her. Her eyes floated around the area when a hollow feeling in her chest bloomed. The harsh realities began to creep into her mind about the current situation she was in.

Jack noticed her smile began to falter. His dark eyes held her hazel eyes. "Try not to think about it, love." His ring covered fingers reached up, brushing away her red hair, tracing her temple with his thumb. "Stay with me, right now, in this cabin where nothing can hurt us." The words he spoke came out as a whisper, causing her to lean into his touch.

Catherine swallowed a thick feeling in her throat. "I'm trying." The words felt sticky in her throat as she spoke them. She really had been trying, but it was so difficult. Knowing that moments like these could very well be the last felt like a knife in her heart.

"I know," Jack nodded, continuing to rub soothing circles on her temple. The simple words and gesture made her heart twist both in love and pain.

She held his eyes for a moment. Catherine could not let her fears and worries ruin these precious moments. Taking in a deep breath, she slid her hands around his neck, loosely locking them. She felt a smile grow on her lips. "Perhaps if we just stay like this for the rest of our lives, we won't have to worry about anything ever again."

The signature smirk of the infamous Jack Sparrow returned. "Just like this?" His fingers brushed down her bare side making a giggle erupt from her.

"Yes, Captain Sparrow, just like this." She shook her head against the pillow.

Jack's smirk grew, a mixture of wickedness and happiness etched on his face. He dropped his head, pressing a kiss to her forehead and down to her jawline. "I like hearing you call me that." His whispered against her skin.

"I know you do, Captain Sparrow." Catherine rolled her eyes playfully, looking as best she could with her eyes at him.

The title made his eyes twinkle when she repeated it. "Oh how do I love you ever so, Mrs. Sparrow." He lifted his head to gaze upon her beautiful face.

It dawned on Catherine how fortunate she was that she married a man who worshiped the ground she walked on. She was always grateful, but today she felt even more so fortunate. There was truly no man in Port Royal could ever love her as much as Jack does, and no woman would ever love him as much as she does. The molded together beautiful, complimenting each other. They were soulmates.

Catherine swallowed more thickness in her throat. "And I love you...so much," She barely was able to whisper out.

Sadness touched Jack's eyes. The pirate hummed, leaning down to press a smaller kiss on her jawline. It seemed that an idea popped in his head. "Perhaps what you need, my love, is a distraction from what lies out of our room." He ghosted the tip of his nose against the same spot he had placed a kiss on.

Catherine blinked, letting out a sudden laugh at his words. Damn this pirate. "Oh?" She unexpected said, suddenly intrigued by the idea. "I could use a distraction." Turning her head, she felt a faint smirk on her face. "Captain," She added teasingly.

Jack chuckled, perhaps a bit more than he intended. "Anything for you, Mrs. Sparrow." He pressed a kiss on her lips, before returning to her jaw down to her earlobe. More laughter shortly followed and echoed throughout the Black Pearl.

No matter what was to come, no matter how bad things would get, Catherine could not lose Jack. She knew she would do anything to ensure the rest of their lives were filled with moments like these. She had to ensure Jack would survive.

By God, she had to try.

Happy Monday Update!!

Hi everyone! I am SO SORRY! My month break was not planned in the slightest bit. I had so much happening with school, traveling, personal setbacks, and mental health. June was a really tough month for me and I did not expect all that did happen to happen. I thought about this book everyday so I'm very happy I finally was able to get time to work on this little chapter.

With all that will be happening in this book, I wanted to make sure I wrote the smaller, intimate moments between Catherine and Jack. So just a word of warning, it'll be crazy! Of course it will be movie wise, but my little twists I planned on adding will definitely be something!

Hopefully I'll be able to get another chapter next Monday out. I need to start working my back into writing for this fic, my new fics, and personal writing. I'm just tired and just want to read lately.