05

It was amazing how Catherine could go from loving her husband one minute, to wanting to kill him the next.

She leaned back against the freshly made bone cages, no longer grossed out by them. Exhaustion coated her eyes, mushing her mind. It had been a long day. Still nowhere close to being over. It had only been early afternoon, she realized as she looked at the where the sun was placed in the sky.

Jack had to get on to dry land. It didn't matter what anyone had said, not even what Catherine said. Captain's orders.

The next morning after Catherine and Jack had woken up, they were already closing in on the island they were currently trapped on.

Beautiful wasn't even close to described to how the island first appeared. It was beyond breath-taking. The island lured the crew in as if it were a siren, beckoning men to their death. It lured Jack in. It even lured Catherine in. She told her husband she could see themselves living on the island in a glorious house. The crew could live there. The Black Pearl could rest there. And Jack told her that she was wrong about coming here.

Until she wasn't.

They ventured into the jungle and was instantly captured.

Jack was made Chief (Catherine still has no idea why they did).

The tribe, known as the Pelegostos, took a part of the crew, eating them and using their bones to make cages.

It was then that she, and the crew, were ripped away from Jack, despite her cries and her pleas, taken across the jungle.

And now they were locked in the freshly made cages.

Catherine blew a strain of fiery red hair out of her face. What she would do to have something to tie her hair up.

Rubbing her face, she let out a small sigh, a look of tired defeat on his face. It was a sight crew didn't expect to see. They weren't sure what to say or do each time they glanced worriedly at her. For when they were first being forced into the cages, Catherine put up one hell of a fight. She managed to take out a few of the natives on the island. Punching and kicking was all she could do until a dart was shot into the side of her neck. After that, she woke up inside of the cage, strung up high in the sky.

"Catherine?" Mr. Gibbs called softly, inching closer to her.

She kept her eyes fixed in front of her, looking down at the legs of the crew. "Mr. Gibbs," Her voice was hoarse from yelling to Jack so much.

The quartermaster now stood beside her, their shoulders touching. "Are you alright? You've hardly spoken a word since you woke up."

Licking her dry lips, she leaned her head back against the cage. "There isn't much to say. I told Jack not to come here. I told him we didn't need to stay on dry land. But did he listen?" She crossed her arms over her chest, wishing she was back on the Pearl, laying in her bed.

A sigh belonging to Mr. Gibbs surprised her. It was the sound that he agreed with her. "I know, I told him that myself. But see the thing about Jack is...once he's got something made up in his mind, no amount of convincing can get him to change it," He explained. "There has to be something significant to get Jack Sparrow to change his course."

This made her turn her head to look at him. "Isn't it frustrating? Following a man who will neither listen to you or do anything you say?"

There was a hesitance in Mr. Gibbs.

Finally he asked: "Do you love him?"

Catherine blinked, furrowing her brows, wondering why he would ask such a thing. "With all of my heart."