17

"Ah! Hwang Ahri! Please answer your phone. " Hyunjin was speeding as much as he could, ignoring all the red lights and speed limits. As he was getting closer to the destination, he called his mum. "Hi, my dear son, why are you calling?" His mum answered very calmly. "Mum, please tell Dad to send his people to [address]. Ahri just went there because her parents are in danger. It's Yunho's parents. I'm almost there, so please tell Dad immediately." His mum's heart dropped. She got up from her seat and ran to her husband.

She slammed the door open to his office, where he was having a meeting. "Honey, is everything ok?" He got up and asked, worried. "Ahri and her parents are in danger! Hyunjin is almost there, and he wants you to send your people." Hyunjin's father immediately called his people, and even himself got into the car and went to the site.

~~~

"Well, hello there darling, we were waiting for you'' Princess Kim welcomed the girl who was staring at Yunho's parents. Ahri's parents were sitting on the floor, unconscious and chained up. ''I swear to God, whatever you'll do to my parents, I'll do to your son. I am capable of doing horrible things, "She said as she glared at the two. "Sweetie, not only did you kidnap our son, but also because your birth parents suddenly showed up, we won't be able to get the throne. We can't let that slide," Yunho's father said, which angered Ahri even more. He suddenly took out a gun from his back pocket, and Ahri's eyes widened. She ran up to her parents and covered them with her own body. "Don't you fucking dare!!" Ahri screamed while Mr. Kim was pointing his gun at her. ''If you don't move right now, I'll shoot all three of you!'' Mr. Kim yelled and started counting to three. Ahri tightly hugged her parents and closed her eyes. Hyunjin and his parents heard 3 shots while searching the place. Hyunjin was praying that no one got hurt. They all ran towards the loud crying noise. "Ahri-yah!" Echoed through the building as Hyunjin and his parents with guards were running towards the sound. They entered a huge room and saw Mr. and Mrs. Kim laughing while the Queen was crying with Ahri in her arms. The King was still unconscious on the floor, not aware of what happened.

"Catch them before they run away" The Emperor gave an order to his guards and Hyunjin quickly ran towards the crying Queen. He kneeled down, and his eyes filled up with tears. "J-Jinie" Ahri said with her weak voice. She was shot three times as she was protecting her parents. Empress immediately called for an ambulance and ripped a part of her dress to put pressure on Ahri's wounds. "Sweetie, you're going to be fine, don't worry." Her mum said and kissed her forehead. While they were putting pressure on Ahri's wounds, the Emperor made sure that The King is ok.

The help quickly arrived and took Ahri to the hospital. The police arrived quickly after Ahri was taken away. "I will stay and take care of everything, so go to the hospital." The Emperor said, and the Empress nodded. They got to Hyunjin's car, and his mum stopped him. "I'll drive. You're not in your right mind now. " He nodded and got into the passenger seat. "Honey, are you ok?" Seojin asked her husband as he was still not understanding what's happening, it seemed that he was high from the thing that Yunho's parents used on them.

~~~

Everyone got to the hospital soon after Ahri got here. She was taken to an emergency room, where the doctors and nurses were busy trying to slow down the bleeding. Her family could see everything as the room was almost all glass. Seojin was crying in her husband's arms, while the Empress was comforting her son. Suddenly, on the monitor that had Ahri's heartbeat appeared a flat line and one of the doctors immediately started doing chest compressions. After about 30 minutes, the doctor came out of the room. "Doctor, how is she?" Seojin asked immediately. "For now, we brought her back and slowed down the bleeding, but she does need surgery so we can take out the bullets as they're stuck inside. One of them is very close to her heart, which is very dangerous for her. Currently, surgery is the only option to save her life. Her guardian can sign the papers, so we can operate. ''We're Ahri's parents'' Seojin said, and the doctor took them to the reception to sign the papers. Ahri's dad noticed, that Hyunjin was already shaking in fear, so he walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulder. ''Don't worry, she's going to be fine. She's not going to give up that easily." Ahri's father said as he patted Hyunjin's back.

~~~

The surgery was ongoing for a few hours, and no one was able to rest because they were scared for Ahri. Hyunjin felt like he was gonna lose a big part of his life. She was everything he needed. He didn't care about his title or hers. He just wanted her to be in his life. After a long night, the doctor came out of the OR, and everyone rushed to him. "How is she?" Seojin asked first as she held her husband's hand. "The surgery went very well. You'll be able to see her when she wakes up." The doctor's words made everyone sigh in relief.

"Jinnie, when Ahri recovers take her on that trip. She really needs to rest and just have some fun. She's been only getting hurt lately." Empress said, and he nodded. "I let him out for now, so his parents will shut up." Hyunjin said with anger in his voice. "Don't worry, son. They will be punished with the royal law, so there's no way for them to get themselves out of this." Emperor said, and Hyunjin sighed.

After three hours of waiting, Ahri woke up. The doctors checked up on her and made sure she's doing well. After that, her family was able to see her.

"Ahrii~," Hyunjin said as he ran up to her bed and held her hand. "I'm fine," she said as she patted her husband's head. "Mum, Dad, are you two ok? You're not hurt, right?" Ahri asked, worried. "We're not hurt thanks to you, darling, but please don't ever do that again, ok?" Seojin said with tears in her eyes. "I will always protect all of you," Ahri said while smiling, and Hyunjin playfully hit (tapped) her shoulder.

"After you're going to recover, you and Hyunjin gonna go on your honeymoon trip, and you can't say no," Empress said, and Ahri nodded, which made the older woman smile.

~~~

Princess Ahri fully recovered in two weeks, and she officially sued Prince Yunho for what he had done to her. Princess Eunsoo was nowhere to be found at this moment. She was most likely planning her big revenge.

Hyunjin and Ahri were packing up as their first flight was the next day. They're going to travel for a month and will be able to live a normal life. No ball gowns or suits, just a casual life. The newly married couple was so excited to go and just enjoy their time alone with no one disturbing them. (😏)

~~~

I am very sorry for not uploading a long time, but I'm almost finished with my driving lessons, so I have more time now.

I'll try my best to upload new chapters more often

Hope you liked it 😊