Chapter 30: Wishes & Revelations

Start from the beginning

"Huh." Is all I say, Cody always a surprise when it comes to the random knowledge he's acquired.

We double check for our things before handing off, the early summer sun staying high in the sky, not setting until after eight, giving us plenty of time to get there and head back, shielding up within the walls of Vollmond before dark. While we haven't heard any more upsetting violence or crime within the pack these past few weeks, I did get a report this morning from Zee that a Faerie Apprentice and Young Lord were attacked in the streets.

'Wait. Wasn't it House of Earth that the two belonged to?' James asks.

'Uh, yeah. And it was Commander Elvyn Lake, House of Water that saved them, why?' I ask, weary of his curiosity.

And his answers tell me I should be. 'I don't want to ruin your day, so we can talk to Cody and everyone about it tomorrow, but if you ever paid attention to people's positions, you would have remembered that Chelsea is Apprentice to House of Water and Taylor, Cody's friend, is the High Lords younger brother.' James informs me and I vaguely remember these details, though James is right I tend to pay attention to the person rather than any position they hold. One of the reasons I'm not cut out for the political aspect of things.

I agree and plan to bring it up tomorrow, wanting instead, to enjoy the day and the amazing opportunity Cody has granted me.

We of course take Silk Road, the long road going almost two miles wide between Vilin and the Pleasure District, creating a road and no man's land from Vollmond straight to the capital. We arrive at the Capital and I thank Celeste when I see that this time the line at the gate isn't long, Cody and I inside the Capital within minutes. Getting through the Market and then the residential area of the Capital is the most annoying but also most scenic.

Where we are now though, we find ourselves surrounded by sky high apartment buildings, some of them housing as many as four hundred people. There's an unease to the air. Like the other foot could fall at any moment, though I'm not sure when the first ever did. The five by seven square miles of land covered in dirty, grey, overpacked apartment complexes, while Angels and Faeries rule the world. I'm relieved when we finally break out of the neighborhood, walking through a huge park before finding the road towards Revelia.

There's a few guards that double check our IDs before we're outside of Capital borders, the road getting smaller and smaller, the two of us alone in the middle of Witch territory. Unlike the Capital with its magic barrier, and Vilin with its anti-mana metal, Revelia's borders aren't so clear.

One of the reasons it's best to stay clear unless you want to be arrested and tried in Revelia.

Something I've heard you want to avoid.

Cody reaches for his phone, and using the address and instructions Enza provided, guides us deeper into the thickening woods. As we head deeper into the forrest, I start noticing houses, buildings and walk ways built into and around the nature, not disturbing anything around them. It's shocking to me, Divine Extremist love to declare that Faeries have the best bond with the world and natural mana, but the connection and respect that Witches and Warlocks have for their practice and gift.

It leaves me in awe as we finally arrive at the Market, shops set up on either side of the narrow streets, sexy men and women in revealing clothes calling out to us as we pass them.

'Don't forget. Warlocks and Witches are infamous in their rejection of Soulmates. Most people here are polyamorous.' James reminds me, a concept as a wolf, I've never been able to wrap my head around.

Cody's brain also seems to be processing all that's around us, but I can tell he's on a mission. And less than two minutes later it's complete, the two of us stopped in front of a purple tent, the outside small, but I cast aside my doubt as Cody has me turn towards him. "I know that this is my idea, but you deserve to have this moment with Jessie. I'm happy I got to bring you here, and I can't wait to meet you, the real you." He says before closing his eyes and allowing his wolf, the second love of my life, to come forward.