Will She Ever Be The Same?

Ruzek POV

As I went into Kim's room, she was hooked up to at least 20 machines and it took all I had not to cry. I wish I could trade places with her, because I would in a heartbeat.

A little later I saw Al come in. "Hey Al", I said softly.
"Hey kid, you've been in here 4 hours, you need anything? I can stay with her for a while-" "No Al! I'm not leaving her side until she walks out of here with me!" I said, accidentally interrupting Alvin. "Sorry Al, I'm just so nervous. What if she doesn't ever go back to the old her?"
"Honestly kid, I don't know what will happen. But if anyone can do it, it's her," Al said.
"Your the reason she wakes up every morning Ruzek, she told me how much she needs you Adam. She won't leave you without trying to come back. Hell, she won't leave you without fighting a war trying to get back to you," Erin said, standing in the doorway. "This is her war Adam. She will win if she fights, and she wouldn't be here if she wasn't fighting. She'll come back to you Adam, she loves you too much to not come back."
"I hope so, because I can't live without her guys," I said, tears streaming down my face.

Burgess POV

I heard voices around me. Adam. Erin. Alvin. I open my eyes, although they feel like they've been stapled shut. I was confused as to where I was but I saw Adam pull a chair over and then he grabbed my hand softly. He started to speak quietly, "Kim? Can you hear me baby?" I tried to speak, and it took awhile, but I finally was able to manage to talk. "Y-yeah, where am I?" I asked. "My head hurts, what happened-oh wait, I remember."
"You do?" Adam asked, his eyes filled with hope.
"Yeah, my head hurt when I was in the bedroom, because of my injury, so I tried to call out to you, but then I felt weak and I passed out immediately," I said, sounding a little unsure because I was afraid I would be wrong. "What actually happened though, like what was wrong with me?"
"You had a brain bleed," Adam said choking up.
"I'm okay Adam, I promise. Also, to your answer earlier, it's a epidural hematoma isn't it?" I said smiling.
"Jeez smarty, well you're doing better I take it, correct? I love you so much Kim, I couldn't live without you," Adam said.
"I love you too Adam, I feel the exact same way," I said, feeling way better than before.