Going home

Burgess POV

I woke up and I was still really groggy, but everything looked blurred in the room. "Adam?" I asked a little panicked.
"Hey darlin', how are you feeling?" He asked. I felt weaker than before and I couldn't see Adam without dots appearing everywhere.
"I feel really weird, everything is blurry and my body feels tingly, what's wrong with me?" I started to tear up, nervous because I didn't know what was going on.
"They had you finish up the medication, so you have a little more than you did in your system before. Don't cry Kim, it's okay babe," Adam said with a worried look in his eyes.
"Oh, okay," I said, feeling a little stupid for not realizing that and tearing up about it.
"I heard you can go home today," Adam said.
"Yeah, when you were asleep I talked to the nurse about it," I said. "Thank you so much for staying by my side while I went through this Adam, I love you," I said.
"I love you too babe," Adam said. He kissed me softly and then a doctor came in afterwards.
"Ms. Burgess, you can go home now if you sign these papers," the doctor said. I took the papers and signed them. A wheelchair was brought in about ten minutes later. I got in and they wheeled me out to my car.
"Thank you so much," I said as I got into the car.
"No problem, get some rest when you get home," the nurse said as she smiled and walked away. I started to drift off and I was half asleep when I heard Adam say something.
"What? Sorry I wasn't paying attention," I said groggily.
"I said you can go to sleep and I'll get you up when we get home babe," Adam said, but I only comprehend about half off it before I drifted off.

I felt Adam's arms wrap around me as he picked me up and I mumbled something, although I wasn't sure what exactly because I was so exhausted.
"Shhhh baby, we're home. Get some sleep," Adam whispered into my ear right before I drifted off again.

I woke up and I saw the empty bed sheets where Adam should've been. "Adam!" I yelled, my voice still a little hoarse.
"Hey baby, you alright?" Adam said as he rushed through the door, kneading next to me.
"My head hurts Adam," I said, my eyes closed because the light hurt my head even more. "I thought you left again."
"I'm right here darling, also remember the doctor said you might have headaches, but there won't be anything to worry about," Adam whispered.
"Could I have some aspirin?" I asked, almost in tears because my head hurt so bad.
"I'm sorry baby, but you can't because you have to wait 48 hours after the other medication was in your system. It has to ware off because the medicine was so strong and the other medicine could cause problems if it mixes with too much medications," Adam said, feeling super bad. "I'll lay with you until you fall asleep though, how's that?"
"Okay," I whispered. I was having trouble falling asleep, but about 2 hours later I passed out because the pain was so bad.

Ruzek POV

I wish I could do something for her. She looks so pale and her forehead is burning up. I get up to get the thermometer says her temperature is 103.8 degrees. I panic and I call the doctor.
"Hey doc, it's Adam. Kim's temperature is really high and her head is killing her. She passed out about 10 minutes ago, should I be concerned?" I asked.
"No, this is completely normal. Her temperature should go down in about four days, but until then she will be either awake and in a ton of pain or passed out. Just put a trash can next to her incase she vomits and put cold washcloths on her forehead," the doctor said.
"Alright will do Doc, thanks bye," I said as I hung up the phone. I went to put the washcloths on her forehead and then I sat down next to her. She was out cold so I decided to go to sleep next to her. I was out cold two minutes later.