A Ship Full Of Monkeys

Hello Dear Readers.

Author here.

Before we begin the chapter, I want you guys to know that writing this fic has been a fun experience for me. Even though I don't update very often, I still love to write all this stuff and share it with you guys.

Onto the main subject, I'm going to give this book an "update" schedule soon. After this arc is over, I'm going to post about 3 chapters per week. It's tough for me to do that now, as I'm looking for decent colleges where I can get my degree, so I'm quite busy with all that stuff.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Peace.

~

They were everywhere on the ship. Not a single room was spared.

No matter where I looked, my eyes were able to spot a group of monkeys as they ran across the ship in search of something. I'm assuming they are looking for food, but seeing as how they are working in order, I'm having some doubts.

These monkeys are smart. Too smart in fact. I even saw two of them high-fiving each other. It's almost as if they are trained into knowing the meaning behind those gestures. Not to mention the broken cameras all over the ship. These monkeys have destroyed all the CCTV cameras which could be spotted. The hidden cameras are probably in better condition, but knowing how a few of them have usurped the control room, I can guess what happened to them.

Still, it's better this way. Now that I know I'm not being recorded, I can go all out.

"Get out of my way!"

"Keek!"

All the monkeys in front of me screeched as I leaped over them, surprise written all over their face. Not having the luxury of time to bask in their moment of surprise, I increased my pace as I searched for the theatre.

Waking up from my sleep some time ago, I became a witness to this 'wild' situation. No matter where I looked, I couldn't spot a single human. There were a few signs of struggle, but that's it. No blood, no trail, nada. Where is my spider sense when I need it?!

"That's the theatre..."

I muttered as I increased my pace, seeing the theatre at a visible distance. I hope that my parents are there. Even though these monkeys are not hurting me, I can still tell they are violent creatures especially when provoked. I know my Dad. To protect Mom, he would definitely punch one or maybe two of them.

I don't want to think about what these monkeys would do if that happened. My Dad doesn't have a cheat power like me. A normal human against an army of blood-lusted monkeys? Yeah, not placing my money on Dad.

Standing in front of the gate of the theatre, I try to listen in on the voices inside. There was no screeching, no screaming, nothing. It was all eerily silent.

"Please be inside."

With those final words, I pushed the door open.

"..."

I stopped, seeing the state of the entire theatre. All the kids present inside the theatre stared at me with varying degrees of emotions. Some looked scared, and some were relieved upon seeing me being a human and not a monkey.

I was not paying attention to that, however, as my eyes were glued to the trail of blood going through a seat to the exit of the door.

Someone was hurt. Really, fucking, badly.