My Insides are on Fire!

Ever experienced being a thief? That's exactly what I'm experiencing at the moment.

Sneakily making my way into the house, I tried not to make a sound. My mother is sitting in the living room, I can tell by the sound of the television from there. Her and her obsession with Soap operas. Urgh.

Making sure that the coast was clear, I quickly went inside the kitchen. Putting down the bag filled with grocery down on the table, I began climbing up the stairs.

I'm burning, not from passion, but from pain. It feels as if my insides are on fire! I don't know why this is happening, but I will take a guess and say it's because of the changes taking place in my body.

Goddam, it hurts!

Just when I was done sticking my fingers on the wall, I quickly felt as if my insides were burning out. My mind was in disarray, even the smallest of things were making me anxious. I tried, with everything I had, to get back home without making a scene. Thankfully, I succeeded.

In my current state, I doubt I can make my way into my room without being noticed though.

Coming face to face with the door to my room, I sighed in relief. No more walking. I just need to open this door, and I can finally rest in peace- I-I mean, rest peacefully!

*Creak*

I... broke the handle.

... Fuck it. I want to sleep.

Ignoring the doorknob rolling down the ground, I wobbled my way toward my bed. It looks so inviting. I can just spend an eternity on it. Taking off my shoes, I jumped on my bed, burying my head under the pillow.

Aah~ I feel like never waking up~

W

ith my thoughts completely jumbled, I went to sleep.

~

It's cold.

I slowly open my eyes, only to end up staring at the very worried face of my mother.

Oh, Dad is also there behind her. How long was I asleep?

"Would you mind explaining what the heck is going on? Why did you just straight up go to sleep without telling your mother about your condition?"

My Dad glared, but I can tell he is more worried than angry. Looking at my mother's face, I can see that she is less than pleased.

I know what I did was stupid, but you can't blame me. At that time, I wasn't able to control my strength. I didn't want to accidentally hurt them.

That doorknob rolling on the ground is proof enough for that.

"... I didn't want to worry her. It's nothing really, I'm fine."

I smiled, trying to reassure them both. I can see how upset my Dad looks, not to mention my mother. She looks on the verge of crying.

Man, I feel guilty now. I still think what I did was right, but telling them only the half-truth isn't sitting well with me. I guess that's just another trait of being a kid. I'm too pure. I even ended up crossing my fingers behind my back while saying it!

'Stay still. Don't move.'

My mother took the cloth off my head, and dipped it in the water, before putting it back on my forehead.

Ah~ It feels so good~

Getting up from her seat beside my bed, Mom stood straight up, and without even looking at me, left the room. I stare at her as she left, before turning in my Dad's direction, my face showing my confusion.