Chapter 6 - Common Ground

A few days later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Lobby

Your POV

I began to think back on how I spent the whole day with Ako and her older sister, Tomoe. I know it happened a few days ago, but that day might've been the best day of my life. I just hope I get to have another fun day like that in the future.

But now, it's another weekday, and I am back at CiRCLE doing what I do best; getting my work done. While working, two people came into CiRCLE: Ako and Rinko. If they're here, does this mean that the other girls of Roselia will show up, too?

"Hi (Y/N)!" Ako said as loudly as she could.

"H-Hello." Rinko said shyly. These two are opposite, aren't they?

"Hi you two." I said and gave them a smile. "What brings you here?"

"Rin-rin and I decided to come to the studio room and practice on our own for a while." Ako replied.

"Is it okay for us to use the studio room for a bit?" Rinko asked.

"Sure you can. Let me go set it up for you both." I said as I went there to do just that.
_____________________________________________

A few minutes later...

"Alright girls, the studio room is ready for you to use." I told them.

"Yay! Thanks (Y/N)! You're the best!" The excited Ako said as she gave me a big hug.

Her sudden action took me by surprise, as I just stood where I am, frozen in place. I look at Ako as I felt my heart skip a beat. It doesn't look like she was going to let go anytime soon, so I hugged her back and a smile appeared on my face.

"Y-Yeah, you're welcome, Ako." I said.

Afterwards, Ako broke the hug, and she and Rinko went inside the studio room. I went back to work, and I began to think about the hug Ako gave me.
_____________________________________________

Another few minutes later...

After some time had passed, I was finally on my break. Normally I would spend my break outside and relax, but it's too hot for me to go out there, so I decided to not take any chances and stay inside. I'm behind the front desk reading my book, when someone came over to me. It was Rinko.

"Hi Rinko." I said. "Taking a break?"

"Y-Yes, I am." Rinko stuttered a response. "Are you... taking a break, too?"

"Yeah, I am." I replied. "Whenever I take a break, the first thing I do is read."

"Is that so?"

Rinko looked at my book with curiosity.

"That book is... quite popular, isn't it?" She asked.

"Yeah. I heard the author wrote it to represent his wife who is no longer alive." I said.

"Ah, yes... I did... heard about that." Rinko said.

"Have you read it before?" I asked.

"Yes, and everytime I do... it breaks my heart." Rinko replied.

From that day on, Rinko and I have been chatting about other books we have read in the past. We managed to have so much in common from this, I'm surprised I didn't get a chance to talk to her sooner. Moments later, Ako came out of the studio room with a smile on her face.

"Rin-rin! I'm taking a break now!" She said, then she noticed the two of us talking.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were talking to (Y/N)." She said.

"Yes..." Rinko said with a small smile. "We were discovering... some common ground that we both have."

"Yeah, we learned that both of us are into reading and video games." I said.

"Really? That's so cool!" Ako said, showing off the biggest grin I have ever seen from her.

"Yeah, I guess it is, huh?"

Then an idea sparked inside Ako's head.

"Hey, maybe you can play NFO with me and Rin-rin this weekend?" Ako suggested.

"Really? Is that okay?"

"Yeah, of course." Ako said.

"There is... an event happening... this weekend, and... we need one more person... to join us." Rinko added.

"I see."

"So what do you say? Will you join us?" Ako asked.

I thought about it for a moment. If they're struggling to find a third person this badly, then maybe I should do them a favor by being that third person.

"Sure. I'd be happy to join you." I said.

"Yay! Did you hear that, Rin-rin?"

"Yes... I did."

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)