Chapter 10 - Making it Right

[Word count - 750]

A few weeks later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

It's been a few weeks since Ako and I stopped talking to each other. Ever since the argument, I have been hanging out in my room, and all I did was going to school. It was hard for me to go to CiRCLE without Ako, or anyone from Roselia for that matter.

I tried many times to reach out to Ako and did my best to apologize to her, but no matter how hard I try, I could never get a response. It's my fault for neglecting her... She was my friend, and I pushed her away because I was spending a lot of time with Rinko behind her back.

"How am I going to fix this?" I asked myself as I let out a deep sigh.

Moments later, my phone notifited me of a text message. I looked at it and I saw that it was a text from Rinko.

Rinko's text: Can you come to CiRCLE please? I need to talk to you.

It sounds like Rinko wants to talk to me about something important. But what could she want? Given that graduation is right around the corner, you think she'd be busy preparing her speech.

Regardless, I decided to leave my room and headed straight for CiRCLE to meet up with her.
_____________________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Cafe

I ran to CiRCLE as fast as I could. If we're being honest, I have never moved this fast in my entire life, but this was an emergency, so I had to move fast. Once I got there, I stopped right outside of the live house, and I started to catch my breath.

I guess I was unaware that Rinko was looking at me, and she looked concerned.

"(Y/N)-san, are you

"(Y/N)-san, are you... okay?" She asked.

"Yeah... I'll be ok."

I sat down to catch my breath. As I did, Rinko gave me something; the drink I normally get here whenever I take my break.

"Thanks." I said. "This is exactly what I needed."

"It's... no problem." I said as I took a sip of my drink, and Rinko gave me a small smile as I did.

"So, why did you want to ask me to come here?" I asked.

"In a moment... someone else... is going to join us." She said.

I was confused by who she was talking about, but my question would be answered the moment when I heard a familiar voice.

"Rin-rin! There you are!"

It's Ako...

"Sorry for the wait. School took forever to get out!" She said.

That's when she noticed me, and was shocked to see me.

"(Y/N)?!"

"Yep, it's me." I waved awkwardly.

Ako was able to walk away, but thankfully, Rinko stopped her. I think I'm starting to understand why she asked me to come down here.

"Wait, Ako-chan! Could you... take a seat with us for a moment?" Rinko begged.

"Ugh, fine."

Ako sat down next to Rinko, and avoids making eye contact with me. It was getting awkward for a moment, but then Rinko said something.

"Look, I want to... apologize to you two for getting in the way... of your friendship." She said. 

"Apologize?" Ako asked.

"Yes. I knew how much... you two mean to each other, and... it's my fault for getting in the way of that."

A sad look now appears on Ako's face.

"No, it's more or less my fault, as well." Ako said.

"How so?" I asked.

"All I wanted was for you to get comfortable around other people." She said. "I thought Rin-rin would be a great person to start with because both of you are pretty quiet."

I guess she was right about that. But now this is my chance to make it right.

"Ako, can you please give me another chance to make this right?" I asked.

Ako nods.

"Yeah, I would like that very much."

Ako came over to give me a hug. I hugged her back, and she started crying. I had a feeling she missed me a lot, and I missed her, too.

To be continued

A/N: This book is finally halfway done.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: The Music of Destiny

Shout-out to those who became recent followers!

KaitouNakamura