"What are you on about?" Ron said. though Harry looked as if he knew what was coming. 

"House-elves!" said Hermione, her eyes flashing. "Not once, in over a thousand pages, does Hogwarts, A History mention that we are all colluding in the oppression of a hundred slaves!" Harry shook his head and applied himself to his scrambled eggs. 

"Do you reckon if I buy one of her stupid badges she'll shut up about it" Rory whispers to Harry.

"Nope seems to just make her worse" 

"Really you two" Hermione glares at the two siblings.

"It was constant Hermione, you never shut up about it" Rory says shrugging.

"You do realize that your sheets are changed, your fires lit, your classrooms cleaned, and your food cooked by a group of magical creatures who are unpaid and enslaved?" she kept saying fiercely. Ron rolled his eyes at the ceiling, which was flooding them all in autumn sunlight, and Fred became extremely interested in his bacon both twins had refused to buy a S.P.E.W. badge. George, however, leaned in toward Hermione. 

"Listen, have you ever been down in the kitchens, Hermione?" 

"No, of course not," said Hermione curtly, "I hardly think students are supposed to" 

"Well, we have," George said, pointing at himself, Rory and Fred, "loads of times, to nick food. And we've met them, and they're happy. They think they've got the best job in the world" 

"That's because they're uneducated and brainwashed!" Hermione began hotly, but her next few words were drowned out by the sudden whooshing noise from overhead, which announced the arrival of the post owls. Harry looked up at once, and saw Hedwig soaring toward him. Hermione stopped talking abruptly; she and Ron watched Hedwig anxiously as she fluttered down onto Harry's shoulder, folded her wings, and held out her leg wearily. Harry pulled off two letters and offered Hedwig his bacon rinds, which she ate gratefully before handing Rory the letter with her name. 

"Sirius" Harry said when she gave him a questioning look. She opened the letter and started reading as Harry did the same with his.

Hey Little Wolf,

Hope schools not to boring and that you're still pranking. How are you feeling Moony told me about your chat after the Quidditch world cup. How are the nightmares?  Just remember don't hide who you are from anyone and talk to your friends it'll help trust me.