-𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕-

«𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙴'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅»

I rolled onto my back and stretched a yawn

I rolled onto my back and stretched a yawn. I heaved a sigh, gazing at the ceiling as I relaxed just a bit more.

After my long wait I got up and went to my room, taking a shower.

Another day and everything is still the same.

Same old routine. Get up, shower, dress to go nowhere, head downstairs, eat and send out my resume to whatever company is looking for hire. However what saddens me is the fact that I am yet to get a call from any agency.

I left the shower, dried myself off and got dressed into a shirt and shorts. I went back to the bathroom and took my hairtie off, making sure my edges were still intact.

I snapped my fingers but stil decided to fix them just to make sure they are absolutely perfect.

I know I'm not going anywhere but I'm feeling myself today. I left the bathroom and my room, skipping down the stairs to do the same old same old.

When I got downstairs the table was filled with food and both my best friend, Mimi, and her boyfriend, Jack are already seated.

I'm currently living with them and I am honestly grateful of the both of them for letting me stay here until I get a job and can be able to afford my own place.

"Morning," I greet, taking my seat next to Mimi.

"Morning babe," she says with a half smile.

"Morning Maddy." Says Jack. My eyes met his and I smiled. Jack is and Mimi has been together for three years now.

They moved in with each other after Mimi met his parents. Apparently they were a bunch of racist pricks that didn't want their white, culinary son, to sleep with a person of color.

He told them to fuck off, according to Mimi since she was there, and then they soon moved in with each other.

Something about Jack sets me off sometimes though. He's nice, sure, he can cook one hell of a meal, absolutely, good in bed, according to all of my restless nights sometimes, but I feel like he can be a bit too nice.

Unless it's just me.

I helped myself to a cup of cranberry juice and sat back. The cranberry juice is mine. After getting into a heavy debate with Mimi over why orange juice is an overrated breakfast juice, Jack came in to save the day.