Chapter 5

After me and Stiles gave a statement about what we saw his dad pulled us aside.

"Mackenzie do you have any other family you could stay with" Mr. Stilinski asks though I knew he already knew the answer.

"Isaac is the only family I have left" I say sadly. Though in reality I don't even know if I have anyone anymore.

"I know what you've been through. Jackson gave a statement on all the times he'd heard your step father beating you and Isaac. I'm sorry you had to go through that" Mr. Stilinski says placing a hand on my shoulder. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Stiles stare at me shocked by the news and then full of sympathy. I send him a small smile hoping the sympathy will leave his face. I don't need people to feel sorry for me.

"It's okay. It's over now" I say to mr. Stilinski and he nods to me.

"You can't stay at your house because of the investigation and your only sixteen you can't live alone" He states.

"Your not gonna put me in a foster home are you" I ask fear building up in my chest. I have already been through it once I couldn't go through it again.

"No sweetheart. You can stay with me and Stiles. You can help me keep him out of trouble" He says smirking toward Stiles.

For the first time in the last couple days I felt like I could relax. I was going to be somewhere safe.

"Really" I say smiling. He nods in response giving me a comforting smile. I jump forward and hugging him. So happy to be staying with people I could trust.

"Thank you"

"No need to thank me. Stiles will take you to your house to get your stuff and drive you back to our place. I'll see you guys later" He says smiling toward us and walking to his office.

"Come on. Let's go get your stuff" Stiles says taking my hand.

We drove toward my hose in silence. I would glance at Stiles every now and then wondering why he was being so quiet.

"Stiles why are you being so quiet are you upset because I'm staying with you" I ask him worried. Why would he want me around anyway.

"No no. It's not that. It's just I don't understand why you never told anyone. How come you and Isaac suffered all that time and didn't tell anyone" He says looking to me.

I sigh thinking over his question. Why didn't we ever tell someone? I was to afraid. Isaac was too but it was also his dad. He was all he had left. Isaac loved him and even though his dad was a abusive monster it was hard for Isaac to forget how he was when we were younger.

"It was the only family Isaac had left. He loved him. He wasn't always a monster. Isaac just wanted his father to be proud. I think he was hoping that one day his dad would go back to how he was when we were younger. I didn't have anywhere else to go and if I told someone I would have gone into foster care and taken from Isaac. We both would have been put in a foster home and might not have ended up in the same one. Isaac is all I have. My parents were killed in front of me when I was six. Isaac's mom was my moms friend and took me in. I couldn't leave Isaac. I couldn't leave the only person I had left" I say as we pull up to the house.

"I'm sorry" Stiles says next to me.

"It's okay. I got through it" I say getting out of the car.

We both walk up to my house heading to my room. It felt weird being in here after everything that had happened. Even though Isaac's dad was dead a part of me was still afraid he was gonna walk around the corner.

I head to my closet and pull out my clothes packing them into my suitcase. Stiles helped me fold them. I reach under my bed and grab my journals and my photo album. I place them in my bag. Stiles hands me my phone charger and I put it in and zip up the suitcase. I hand it to Stiles and put my bag for school on my back. Lastly I grab the picture of me and Isaac that is sitting by my bed holding it close to me. We head out of the house and to the car.

Twenty minutes later Stiles is pulling out his keys and opening the door to his house. He led me upstairs to the guest room which was right next to his. I smile at him in thanks.

We spend the next hour putting my stuff away. I had told him he didn't have to help but he said he wanted to. We both told each other about our lives. Him telling me about his mom and me telling him about my parents. He told me about Lydia,Scott,and lacrosse and I told him about Isaac. We talked about everything and anything.

"Thanks for the help Stiles" I say when I put the last of my stuff away.

"No problem" Stiles says heading to the door.

"Mackenzie" He says still half in the doorway.

"Yeah"

"I'm glad your here" He says and gives me a happy smile which I return.

"Me too" I say and he heads out and to his room.

I grab my photo of Isaac and me and place it next to me on the side table. I crawl under the covers and fall asleep my thoughts going to Isaac. I just hope he's okay.