Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning with Isaac still pressed close to me. I smile at him and slowly reach over pressing a kiss to his cheek.

I quickly grabbed something to wear and head to the bathroom. After I'm finished I head back into my room to wake up Isaac.

"Isaac wake up" I say jumping down next to him on my bed causing him to stir.

He slowly looks up at me and smiles. I try my best to smile but all I can do is stare at his black eye. He seemed to have healed up a lot faster today.

"You okay" He asks noticing that I'm staring. I blush looking away.

"I just feel bad I didn't do more to help you yesterday I just got scared but I shouldn't have let you take that beating for me" I say looking down.

He grips my chin turning it so I'm facing him. I stare into his blue eyes as he speaks.

"You shouldn't feel bad he should. I would rather it be me then you anyway. If you got hurt I don't know what I would do. I couldn't live without you Mackenzie. Your all I have" He say placing a kiss on my cheek. I blush and pull him to me in a hug.

I don't know what I would do without Isaac.

After awhile he heads to get dressed. I groan as his dad comes up the stairs. He stops at my door leaning against it and crossing his arms.

"What do you want" I ask as anger and fear start to build up in my stomach.

"Watch your tone" He says moving a little closer and I stumble back.

I sigh in relief as Isaac's bedroom door opens and he walks to my door moving around his dad and toward me.

"What's going on dad" Isaac says subconsciously stepping in front of me.

"The sheriff wants to talk to you he says that a grave was robbed last night while during your shift I'm driving you to him and then to school" He says before walking downstairs.

I give Isaac a look but he ignores it. How come he didn't tell me?

We sit in the back while his dad drives. I keep glancing at Isaac every now and then. He seems a bit off today. Like something's wrong with him. What's he not telling me?

When we got to the crime scene Mr. Stilinski was waiting for us. He greets me and Isaac with a warm smile and I smiled back. I have always liked Mr. Stilinski he is really nice and understanding. I wish Isaac's dad was like that.

"Isaac I'm sorry to bring you here for this but it won't take long" Mr. Stilinski says.

Isaac just nods nervously. I take his hand and he seems to calm down some.

"What exactly did you see?" He asks starting to take notes.

"Not much really it was really dark it looked like it was taking something. I just got scared and ran" Isaac says keeping his eyes down.

Mr. Stilinski nods before looking a little closer at Isaac. I watch as shock then pity crosses his eyes.

"How did you get that black eye" He asks Isaac.

His dad turns to him slightly sending him a don't tell or your going to be sorry look.

"School" Isaac says not lifting his eyes from the ground.

"A fight" he asks prying.

"No lacrosse" Isaac says glancing at him for a second.

Mr. Stilinski goes on to talk about how his son is on the lacrosse team. Isaac's dad stops him after awhile telling him we have to get to school and he nods. He sends me a sad smile before I get into the car I smile back and give him a little wave.

We sat in the back in silence as his dad drove toward school. I wanted to ask him about what happened but I knew he wouldn't tell me. He doesn't like to pull me into anything. Which makes me worry more because whatever it is he's not telling me must be really dangerous and I don't like the thought him getting hurt. I just wish he would tell me what was wrong.