20

"This is the entrance of the escape room, your majesty's." Huening's dad said with a bow.

"Hey, no need to get all fancy and polite. We're friends!" King Choi chuckles.

"Daaaad, we should totally join them in the father son boyfriend boy friend bonding!" Huening squeals, clinging onto his dad.

"Sorry, Kai, but I made the escape room. It would be weird for me to join if I know all the clues."

"Aww.." Huening Kai pouts.

"You could totally join though! Like, if we get stuck, you can give us hints!" Taehyun states.

"Yeah! And then Kai can join us!" Beomgyu adds.

"Omg, yes! Let's rename it, father son boyfriends and best friends bonding!" King Kang says.

"Woah.. I'm your best friend?" Huening's dad asked with teary heartfelt eyes.

"Mhm! We're best friends!" King Choi gleams.

"Soo, me and Beomgyu are boyfriends. Beomgyu, Huening, and me are best friends. Gyu's dad, Hyuka's dad, and my dad are also best friends.. okay, that name checks out." Taehyun said.

"Woohoo! Let's go then! The escape room is actually divided into two rooms, since we were actually planning on a father son bonding moment." Huening's dad states.

"Soo, how do we do it now?" Beomgyu questions.

"Let's do kids in one room and dads in the other. At some point, the escape room will bring us back to each other."

"Sounds like a plan! Beomie, Hyunie, race you!" Huening then takes off running to one of the escape room doors.

"..I don't feel like racing. You can go ahead." Taehyun let's Beomgyu get in front.

"Hmm.. nahhh, let's go together." Beomgyu takes his hand and they walk to the door together. Taehyun held the door open and let Beomgyu in first.

"Erm.. soo how about you two go in first?" King Kang says to the other two.

"Wha? You aren't just copying Taehyun, right?" Huening's dad asked.

"Nooo- but yes. Anyways, hurry!" He then shoved the two inside before entering as well and closing the escape room door shut.

Now all they had to do was complete it.

"Yay!! We completed the escape room first!" Beomgyu cheers, running out of the escape room to this connected room.

"Wow. That was amazing, Gyu! You solved the last puzzle." Taehyun compliments, patting his back.

"I'd like a prize for that, please." Beomgyu tapped on his cheek for a kiss.

Huening Kai blocked Taehyun's lips with his hand. "No! Not in front of me!" He exclaimed.

"Aww.. Hyuka.." Beomgyu pouts.

"Don't worry, Beom. I'll give you your prize later. Just wait a bit for your friend, alright?"

"Okay.. foinee.." he huffs.

The door on the other side opens, the dads finally completing their part of the escape room.

"Wow, you guys finished first. Good job." King Choi says.

"Nothing my son can't do! Hm!" King Kang brags.

"Actually, dad, Beomgyu did the most." Taehyun states, hugging Beomgyu close by the waist.

"Hehe. Yep!" Beomgyu giggles.

"Aww~ really? Good job my son!" King Choi claps.

"What about you guys? Who did the most?" Huening Kai asked.

"I think it was split 50/50. We all did our own thing and then put all the clues we found together." King Choi explains.

"Yeahh, actually, I did the most." Huening's dad blurts.

"You? The most? Pfft- don't make me laugh. You already knew what the clues were. You just stood there and watched us find the clues." King Kang states.

"Although I just stood there, I knew exactly how to solve the puzzle. Like, I could literally solve the whole place right now without any help." Huening's dad said.

"Oh look! NSWE must be the arrow lock! Let's test out up, down, left, right." Taehyun exclaimed.

"I think not! We're supposed to be having fun. But if you do all the work, that won't be fun at all!" King Kang scoffs.

"It worked! There's a paper in here. It says lowfre. That should be the lock on the door." Huening says.

"Nn.. it didn't open." Beomgyu pouts.

"Fun? It could be fun if I didn't know everything. But in case you didn't realize, I was the one who created this escape room! For Beomgyu and Taehyun! I didn't ask you to join." Huening's dad huffs.

"Try, 'flower' instead." Taehyun said.

"It worked! Let's get outta here! Hehe!" Beomgyu ran out of the room.

"Wait for me!" Taehyun ran out after him.

"And I didn't ask you to join us either, yet here you are!" King Kang shouts.

"Don't be like that! You were fine with me joining. Do you have memory loss or something??" Huening's dad questions.

"Oi. Stop fighting. Taehyun already solved the riddle and Beomgyu unlocked the door. We can leave now." King Choi butts in. He leaves the room.

"I-" King Kang stares blankly.

"Oops." Huening's dad whistles and slowly walks away backwards.

"Wow." Huening rolled his eyes then follows his dad.

Taehyun's head pops up back in the room. "You coming, dad?" He asked.

King Kang sighs softly and nods with a smile. "Yeah, sorry." He follows Taehyun out of the escape room. "Guess it wouldn't hurt to apologize later.." he mumbled.

(It won't, dw. :>)