Untitled Part 18

Charlotte and Yanfei look kinda similar

Charlotte and Yanfei look kinda similar... or is it just me who thinks that?

————-————————————————————————————————————————————

Flashback

Traveler's pov

"Come onnnnnn Ayatoooo, just come with paimon and the traveler! You never know when the Raider Shogun might change her decision and reclose the borders!" Paimon begged Ayato. 

"Paimon, it's obvious that you just want Ayato to come to sumeru with us so that he can pay for your food." 

"NO! Paimon just wants the best for Ayato! Paimon would never scam someone she knows like that!" 

Ayato chuckled a little bit. It was obvious to anyone that paimon was inviting Ayato to get free food, why won't she just admit it already? It was already a big argument about whether or not it was safe for the distinguished Kamisato clan's leader to be walking around different parts of teyvat, but here she was, trying to lure Ayato into going to an area full of eremites and dangerous animals.

Stupidity can only go so far.

"We'll be leaving now, Ayato. Sorry if paimon interrupted your work." I said, as I pushed paimon to the door. 

"Wait! Noooooooo!"  How far was she going to go for free food? Sure, we were short on money for food, but she had it coming. 

"Wait a minute, paimon and aether. I'd like to tell you something important."

"What is it?" 

"I will be going to Sumeru."

...what did this boba man say? Even after I explicitly warned him about the dangers, this guys still ended up doing it! 

"What made you change your mind?" I carefully asked, not wanting to seem demanding but trying to ask casually, which did not work out.

"Well, I've wanted to meet the famous scribe of Sumeru for some time now, and i heard that there is a festival that only is celebrated every four years. I thought it would be a chance to kill two birds in one stone, as well as take a break from my duties. I have also heard that you were chosen to be the guest commentator for the championship held in the festival, and thought it would be convenient to ask you when I need help there."

It's annoying when I want to get mad at him for being so dumb, but what he's saying is perfectly logical...

Flashback over

Y/N pov

The akademiya. It was a great-but-not-really kind of place. Many scholars in Sumeru have studied there and after they graduate, have started working there or moved to some other place in teyvat to do whatever they want. It was simply a pain in the ass climbing up that glorious building. 

"Big sister f/n, when are we gonna get there~????" The children who followed you whined. It was safe to say that the children had never been in the akademiya before. Anyone who have been in here even just one time would remember the slopes that lead to the building itself. 

It was miserable, having to walk up and down the slopes like a normal person then gliding down (which is very fun considering the fact that you could...ehem! Push some people you didn't like and make it look like an accident) or dashing up the stairs or using cardboard to slide down, which was not a very good idea.

"I'll fly down here and see if I can see anybody that looks similar. So wait for me to come back. Got it?" You asked the little children.

"Yepodidi dop! Thank you so much, f/n! You're a life savior! Literally! We'll be waiting for the good news!" 

The mentality and the energy of young kids were spectacular. Even after running up the steep slope, all of the children were still one hundred percent energetic, and overall still very tiring to deal with. 

You jumped down from the balcony looking platform, opened your wind glider, and set forth, only to look back and see from a building... a brunette (? Maybe blond) man with familiar clothes looking down, tripping, and.... Falling. Rapidly.