Chapter 11

yo, what's up everyone. I might start an one short series about genshin. Do you have any requests? Feel free to request me anything(I don't care if it's one-shot or not), because wow, my head is dying from all the studying and I really want to write stuff that I enjoy.

Also, I might scrap the title for this book. 

Also I got Bailu! I'm so happy. This is my UID btw. 805582924(Asia server because my friend plays in that server)

 Yep, that's about it. 

After the ceremony finished, you walked over to the traveler and Paimon. 

Paimon waved at you, and with sparkles in her eyes, she cried,"Paimon didn't know you were the competitor for Vahumana!" in which Aether rolled his eyes and said, "Didn't you hear when she mentioned that she was going to go to the desert for some research? It's obvious that she was part of the Akademiya. The question is, why were you picked even though you quit?"

You laughed awkwardly and said in a calm tone, "Just as graduates like Tighnari and Cyno are able to compete, people who quit or is not part of one darshan can join, as long as they have the history and good marks. BUT, I didn't know I would be chosen as the competitor because I was there just for a week. If only I had told the mail guy that I was going somewhere, I wouldn't be in this mess right now..." 

Aether seemed to take the hint, but Paimon didn't, and she asked the one question you didn't want to be asked. "Why did you qui-" "AHAHAHA PAIMON, we're the guest commentators! We should be asking her her strategies! F/N, do you think you're going to win?"

Wow, good one, Aether. 

You looked at Aether thankfully, and started rambling about the darshan Festival. "Okay, so in this competition, there is a genius scholar who went onto solve a really hard puzzle in a ruin without giving up for a century, the mahamatra himself, a scholar who can work while sleeping, one of the famous architects of Sumeru, and a forest ranger, who knows every part of the forest and herbs. Then there's me. A nobody who doesn't have the patience to do anything. There is No way I will ever win against them, so I'm not even gonna try. I'll just try to help my friends."

The traveler nodded in approval, saying, "how nice of you!" while Paimon just pouted and said," but Paimon thinks F/N's missing a big deal! Paimon can't imagine all the mora she might get if the traveler wins!"

Just as you three were talking, Faruzan walked up to you and patting your shoulders, laughed, "If I had known that one of my students were going to be competing against me, I would have left you off the hook with the assignment in the desert! But, even if you are my former student, I wouldn't go easy on you, F/N."

"Madam Faruzan! Why, I would never try to take your spot for the winner of this competition. I never wanted to enter anyways, just watch. Anyways, even if I try, I would certainly be at a disadvantage due to the fact that I just came back from the desert with no rest what-so-ever. Also, about the the third ruin, there was..."

And you spent the rest of the hour talking with your supervisor about the ruins you visited, while Paimon looked at you two confused, and Aether muttered the word "Workaholic" several times. 

Just as you and Faruzan finished with the thesis, you heard Kareea yell out excitedly on the stage, "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! WE NOW HAVE THE FIRST PART OF OUR LONG-AWAITED COMPETITION!!!" and Nilou and Alhaitham stood up from their seats and started talking. 

"During the opening ceremony, we put out three different kind of butterflies in Sumeru city. They are a little faster than normal butterflies, and look different. The first to bring back the butterfly will get 3 points, then 2 points, and lastly, one. Now, let us start."

Even hearing the simple prompt started the competitor's brain and each of them all came up with a plan by the time of the last sentence. Some had used their own knowledge, while others had teamed up.

They truly are geniuses.

You had some ideas as to what you would do, but as you said earlier, you were going to do nothing. After all, you didn't want to be in the center of attention and have to go through annoying things like paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork. And it went without saying that, you weren't exactly a fan of extra work.

You decided to just go to the Akademiya, and kill your time there. Afterall, no butterfly would go into that buildings.

"Hey, Big sister F/N!!" as you started walking towards the Akademiya entrance, you hear some kids you babysat sometimes running up to you with all their might.

Oh, archons, now I have to deal with this...