chapter 1

~12 years ago

You were the eldest daughter of the L/N clan in Inazuma. You could have anything you wanted, being the daughter of a very successful man, but you were very rebellious. 

It was a spring day, and you, as usual, were running away from home in order to visit the sakura blossoms. You loved seeing the pink flowers, but they were blossoming fully for only a week or two. As you stopped running to catch your breath, you saw a boy around your age standing under the tree. He had light blue hair, and it looked like he was an aristocrat. 

You, being the light hearted person you are, talked to him. "Hi! I'm Y/N! Nice to meet you!" And that was how you first met Kamisato Ayato. Although you two were vastly different, you guys hit it off, and immediately became best friends. 

Since he was part of the Kamisato clan, one of the most successful clan in Inazuma, of course you father let you hang out with him. This went on for a few years. However, this peace couldn't last. Your family's power and control was starting to become weak, and your family was targeted by many other clans.

One day, when you were 12, your father called upon you and said," Our power over Inazuma is getting weak, and I don't want others to get affected by this. So if you want to protect your friend, you must stop being friends with him."

You were sad, but you had to agree with that.

Coincidentally, at that time, Ayato's parents died ( or was it just his mom? I dunno) and he was having a hard time. This was the perfect chance to end your friendship, and when he came over to your house a few day later, you, with an aching heart, coldly turned him away. After that day, he never came over again. 

You were the only person he could rely on, and you turned him away.

Two years later, another tragedy struck. An assassin had come into your house and cruelly killed your parents. Your father, on his last breath, said to you and your little sister, "Run."

Your servants helped you two escape. Escape from Inazuma. You thought you were safe, but no. Fate appeared to hate you, and ... ouch. 

You  woke up crying, and crutching you head. Even four years later, you still have nightmares about it. "Had a bad night?" asked your friend, Nilou who just heard you scream and came in worriedly.

" Oh! Nilou! I just had another nightmare, that's all.  It's really weird. Why can I still dream, when I'm an adult? By the way, you don't have to come to me every few days, you know, but I appreciate it. Don't worry about me~ Anyways, how's the Subzeruz festival planning out?" you asked something you thought randomly to change the topic. You didn't want to talk about your problems. Fortunately, Nilou took the bait.

After you chatted about the Subzeruz Festival, you decided to get ready. You waved Nilou good bye, and started your morning routine.